UFC 183

Mirinquads

Staff member
They are impossible to cap

ezflyer

i wouldn't say impossible, there can be spots where you think they'll give it to a fighter because they're happy w/him... guys who *if they win* it will be a flashy ko etc, too

FOTN i find a little easier to predict, i just get robbed by dana white pretty often.

just last week, seery-beal was a shoe-in, and they decide to not give it to anyone.

or one that still irks me to this day: i had koch-poirier FOTN, which was an *INCREDIBLE* fight... and they give it to a 3 min starching of Lim vs Krausse :mad:

Mirinquads

Staff member
i wouldn't say impossible, there can be spots where you think they'll give it to a fighter because they're happy w/him... guys who *if they win* it will be a flashy ko etc, too

FOTN i find a little easier to predict, i just get robbed by dana white pretty often.

just last week, seery-beal was a shoe-in, and they decide to not give it to anyone.

or one that still irks me to this day: i had koch-poirier FOTN, which was an *INCREDIBLE* fight... and they give it to a 3 min starching of Lim vs Krausse :mad:

Well, that's kinda the point. There's no getting robbed, because White effectively decides through his own motivation, which is hard to gauge. It's not hard to hit the one that should actually be the fight of the night though.

ezflyer

Fair point

JustBleedFan

Staff member
That's one thing I like about the Fastest KO & SUB props. They don't depend on Dana White's whim- and they also don't get cancelled in the cases where they decide to do 4 POTN awards instead of a FOTN & two POTNs.

ezflyer

i still don't like them.. say you had t.santos fastest KO on saturday.. he got a hella fast KO.. but brunson got one even faster.. you lose... yet you called it perfectly... i'd rather just play santos RD 1 or santos KO. the payout difference isn't enough for me

JustBleedFan

Staff member
i still don't like them.. say you had t.santos fastest KO on saturday.. he got a hella fast KO.. but brunson got one even faster.. you lose... yet you called it perfectly... i'd rather just play santos RD 1 or santos KO. the payout difference isn't enough for me

The payout difference was at least triple for Santos Fastest KO (+1500) vs Santos round 1 at peak (+500) and even more vs Santos KO at peak (+353). I'll often bet it multiple ways like a ML or other prop to cover what I think will happen as it's not an either/or choice to just play the fastest props and nothing else. I hit Santos/Enz under 2½ at +170 in this case.

Grabaka

Staff member

ezflyer

gotta be kidding me with diaz and silva.

fucking numbskulls.

why would anderson do it? who was pressuring him to fight? why did he feel the need to do it?

and don't get me started on diaz. dude already took a 6 month & 20% fine the first time after gomi.. then a YEAR off and 30% fine vs condit.. stupid rules or not, they're the rules, jesus.

Grabaka

Staff member
First time hes been tested by WADA and pisses hot....I wonder how long Silva has been roiding? o_O

Vaughany

Something Anderson said a while ago: “When the guys test for the steroids, (they should have) no more fights,” Silva said. “When you use the steroids, you use them for a long time. When you use the steroids for a long time, you have a problem. It’s a drug and it’s not good for the sport.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Steroids help recovery, and the particular one he took helps with cutting. He's a 40 year old man with a broken leg. I'm just surprised that he got caught, doesn't Brazilians know about masking agents and cycling off? (Looking at you, Royce.)

PSUMike

I'm in the camp that feels that virtually all fighters are roided out of their minds. But damn man, know how to cycle.

Mirinquads

Staff member
You can't train like MMA fighters do day in and day out without it, unless you're a genetic abnormality - It's just biology.

Vaughany

Dr. Marcio Tannure: Anderson Silva ‘disappointed and upset’, but claims innocence for failed UFC 183 drug test
By Guilherme Cruz@guicruzzz on Feb 4 2015, 8:40a 18

Esther Lin, MMA Fighting

 TWEET (92) SHARE (622) PIN
The greatest fighter in MMA history tested positive for two types of performance enhancing drugs prior to his UFC 183 main event clash withNick Diaz, and he won’t talk to the media right now.

According to his doctor Marcio Tannure, who is also the medical director of the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA), Silva is devastated with the news, but claims he did not take drostanolone and androstane, the two banned substances found in his system.

"Anderson told me he’s disappointed, upset because he didn’t use steroids," Dr. Tannure told Band News radio. "He will ask for the confirmation test because he believes the only explanation is a contamination or a mistake from the lab. He told me: ‘I have an impeccable career history and I wouldn’t want to tarnish my image.’"

"It’s too soon to judge," he continued. "He has the right to a confirmation test and two other results. The Nevada Athletic Commission hasn’t talked yet, and the press is already judging him. The process isn’t over yet. If the whole process was already over, he would have already been suspended."

Dr. Tannure was involved in controversial cases in the past. He was once accused by UFC heavyweight Antonio Silva of being responsible for his positive test after a draw withMark Hunt in 2013. Ten months later, CABMMA was accused by Piotr Hallman ofmaking a mistake in his drug test results, which ended up causing his positive test after a loss to Gleison Tibau in Brazil.

Diaz, who lost to Silva via unanimous decision on Jan. 31, tested positive for marijuana metabolites in the post-fight drug test.

Mirinquads

Staff member
He probably just got into some Bigfoot titty milk, can happen to the best of us.

punisherind

Foundation Member
depends. sometimes they slip up and give you great odds on fastest ko/sub. a recent one that jumps out is todd duffee's last fight. going off memory here, but i believe he was close to EV to win in round 1, but was +700 for fastest ko! another factor is how many other fighters can potentially get a quick finish. on that duffee card, i believe the only other potential was travis browne. contrast with the rumble johnson card a few weeks ago, where there was about 7 potential quick ko's.