True Detective Discussion (NSFEZ)

PSUMike

I think last season will be next to impossible to replicate but I am still optimistic that it will be a great season.

Vaughany

yeah pretty interesting first episode, has potential. I'm a Colin Farrell fanboiii tho so will root for him in anything! I did think he was good in this tho!

Last edited:

PSUMike

He was excellent imo. He can do the grimy asshole quite well. The scenes with his kid and the Aspen kid were both gold. He's going to be this season's Marty.

Vaughany

He was excellent imo. He can do the grimy asshole quite well. The scenes with his kid and the Aspen kid were both gold. He's going to be this season's Marty.
ha yeah that scene was great. I spose he was like that in real life for a couple years during the Alexander days so not too difficult for him to play!

Vaughany

Rachel McAdams likes the nasty shiiit! Thats what I gathered from that 1st ep!!

oh and Farrell's son is a chubby ginger pussy!!

Vaughany

Anybody watch ''The Affair''? Keep hearing rave reviews. Is it a thing aimed at female audience tho?

On last series of Walking Dead so will need something new soon!

Beelzebubzy

Anybody watch ''The Affair''? Keep hearing rave reviews. Is it a thing aimed at female audience tho?

On last series of Walking Dead so will need something new soon!

I watched The Affair. Dont think its a chick show. Its interetting as they break the episode into two parts and tell the story from two perspectives.

ezflyer

I tried watching the second episode of season one and I was bored to death.

I can't stand the atmosphere and the accents... It was so dull...

I'm not shitting on it for anyone who liked season 1.. Just not doing it for me. When people tell me that Spartacus was a terrible show or a joke it bothers me quite a bit. So please understand that I know that re: s1. Just not my bag.

As for s2... I loved the first episode. I pretty much didn't have a clue what the heck was going on with Vince Vaughn the entire episode but you sort of piece it together by the end & I liked the episode quite a bit.

We basically got to know the four key parties individually ( sheriff, detective, highwayman & vaughn ) and now we understand how they get linked together.

I'm intrigued

ezflyer

i will say that the final scene was my least favorite of the episode. LOL. (the dude having no eyes and no uh, no dick or something)

i don't need that "edge" to my shit, haha, it was already cool and mysterious. hopefully it doesn't get carried away

Mirinquads

Staff member
You didn't get scared by the no eyes guy Ez? ; )

opinionator

not gonna be as good as first season but its a high fucking bar. spoiler free impressions:

where mcconaughey was laconic, vaughn is flat.

where harrellson boiled and seethed, farrell wallows and explodes. he reminds me of any number of 'cops on the edge' from james ellroy's crime fiction (also set in LA)

hope they find a way to make the female lead interesting without being a stereotypical tough girl with daddy issues.

hard for gritty old urban L.A. to match up to the incredible setting of the first season.

Vaughany

yeah, and it's always hard to top Michael Mann's portrayal of LA (Heat, Collateral) at best of times!