True Detective Discussion (NSFEZ)

ezflyer

ezflyer

i actually expected it...

liked episode 1 much more than ep 2, tho.. even rewatched it before ep 2

marzwoody

It was just starting to get good and then that happens.. not sure whether to like or hate this show.

ezflyer

i'm pretty sure we can use spoilers.. if i was watching the show, i wouldn't click the thread about it... been 3 days since 2nd episode, anyway

so who's the masked murderer? my $ is on vince vaughnassociate.. the tall skinny guy.. or MAAAAAYBE his lady!? is that crazy? heh. yea. i'm goin with his associate. the one who's been with him for years.. think he was the bartender in the flashback scene. (and coincidentally.. or not so much.. he went to take the booze away from collin farrell in episode 1, and when farrell resisted, they had a little moment)

who else would've known he was going there? vaughn gave him the info about the place... i doubt the killer was just hanging out there listening to tunes all day...

think the russian mobsters angle is too obvious

marzwoody

Characters have become more interesting. Vaughn actually seems like somewhat of a gangster. and cool to see backstory on McAdams and Kitsch characters. i'm thinking Farrell might not be dead, bullet proof vest or some shit.

ezflyer

No way, imo

marzwoody

No way, imo
Doesen't seem possible but stranger things have happened. if they tried to pull off a "Ned Stark" then they failed. it was the 2nd ep we were just learning about him, so no one would really care, yet show would suffer since he was the strongest character. pretty baffling imo.

ezflyer

They have done it in other shows

Vaughany

they could just use him in flashbacks for rest of series. I dont see how they can pull off him not being dead after the follow up shot! People are saying that there was no blood but still

ezflyer

I think it makes more sense if hes dead & it makes me rexpect the show's balls if so!

Hes fucked with regards to his son, he imparted wisdom to ladycop, he betrayed mobster... his arc isnt left unopened, imo (like a certain person in another certain hbo show)

ezflyer

Oh and wtf is up with that weird shrink

ezflyer

S2e3

Most uneventful ep of any show...ever...

ezflyer

i have no clue who the mexican guy was or why they were all after him. something to do w/casper.

i have no idea how he knew they were coming and/or why there was a ridiculous shootout.

i have no idea what is even going on.

-vince vaughn is becoming a mobster again cause he's broke
-taylor kitsch is gay and is upset about it
-collin farrell is now an upstanding citizen imparting wisdom to flawed fellow detectives
-rachel mcadams is very hot. oh and she has daddy issues but is a straight shooter when it comes to her job.

as for what's happening in the story? fuck if i know. it doesn't do a good job of explaining to the audience.

Vaughany

i have no clue who the mexican guy was or why they were all after him. something to do w/casper.

i have no idea how he knew they were coming and/or why there was a ridiculous shootout.

i have no idea what is even going on.

-vince vaughn is becoming a mobster again cause he's broke
-taylor kitsch is gay and is upset about it
-collin farrell is now an upstanding citizen imparting wisdom to flawed fellow detectives
-rachel mcadams is very hot. oh and she has daddy issues but is a straight shooter when it comes to her job.

as for what's happening in the story? fuck if i know. it doesn't do a good job of explaining to the audience.
lol
Excellent summary

The Colin Farrell bit made me laugh particularly. It is funny how his character has completely changed since he got shot!!