UFC on Fox 21: Maia vs Condit - Vancouver

ezflyer

FOTN: miller-lauzon again
POTN: maia
POTN: PVZ

no surprise on the two POTN's, obviously

no issue with miller-jlau FOTN, but i personally enjoyed oliveira-pettis better -- both were awesome and both deserved it, tho

Mirinquads

Staff member
That short bus jump kick had no business working at all

Put Vanzant up against someone decent already so we can fade

FFF

Nah. Guaranteed PVZ gets someone with a shitty gas tank for the 5th time in a row. Running out of those though.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
For what it's worth I think there's a bit of sexism going on with the criticism I'm reading all over the place of the supposed lameness of Paige's jumping switch kick. If Yair Rodriguez had knocked someone out with that same move people wouldn't be making the same comments. When they replayed it in slow-mo you can see that Bec was really stunned by the blow- as they say it's the strike that you don't see coming that hurts you. I believe that she's still improving. Be interesting to see who they match her up with next.

ezflyer

I don't really care about sexism in fighting, tho.. it's realities. Its like little guys just don't have ko power like big dudes do, and big guys don't have cardio like little guys do

Sky

For what it's worth I think there's a bit of sexism going on with the criticism I'm reading all over the place of the supposed lameness of Paige's jumping switch kick. If Yair Rodriguez had knocked someone out with that same move people wouldn't be making the same comments. When they replayed it in slow-mo you can see that Bec was really stunned by the blow- as they say it's the strike that you don't see coming that hurts you. I believe that she's still improving. Be interesting to see who they match her up with next.
was a fluky ko tho. people calling it for what it is. she could do that another 100 times in the cage again and you wouldnt see a ko. she got some pretty good height off the kick, and even managed to turn her hip over a little in the air, but other than that it was just funny looking. it is suprising however it dropped bec coz it was a slapping kick with her foot. good on her tho for pulling it off tho. here is what its meant to look like..

Vaughany

Gunn always sticking up for his hoers! Like your style fella