UFC on ABC 5: Emmett vs Topuria

JustBleedFan

Staff member

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Think Gillian is coming into her own and I like the dog odds on her.

Ila is an unbettable favourite imho with that much chalk.

Silva over Allen is interdasting.

punisherind

Foundation Member
Think Gillian is coming into her own and I like the dog odds on her.

Ila is an unbettable favourite imho with that much chalk.

Silva over Allen is interdasting.
gillian fight is interesting because ricci probably has the grappling edge and a bjj black belt. i feel like its going to be 15 minutes of ricci on top avoiding subs.

Crassus

Rowe is definitely one of my plays - I think the lines should probably be flipped against Magny. Rowe seems like he gets tagged every fight so probably not a big play. Barber seems like a decent bet as well against Ribas but haven't looked too closely into it.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Lotta weight misses: The 14-fight UFC on ABC 5 card is headlined by Josh Emmett vs. Ilia Topuria. Both featherweights successfully made weight for the five-round contest. However, the same could not be said for the entirety of the undercard.

Loik Radzhabov came in at 157.25 pounds, or 1.25 pounds over the lightweight limit, and has been fined 20% of his purse, which will go to opponent Mateusz Rebecki (155.5). Additionally, Kleydson Rodrigues checked in three pounds overweight for his flyweight pairing against Tatsuro Taira (126), and per ESPN Deportes, the fight has been canceled. Finally, Jamall Emmers initially clocked in one pound over for his featherweight fight against Jack Jenkins (145.5), but he returned having chopped off his hair to hit the 146-pound cap.

BT

Lotta weight misses: The 14-fight UFC on ABC 5 card is headlined by Josh Emmett vs. Ilia Topuria. Both featherweights successfully made weight for the five-round contest. However, the same could not be said for the entirety of the undercard.

Loik Radzhabov came in at 157.25 pounds, or 1.25 pounds over the lightweight limit, and has been fined 20% of his purse, which will go to opponent Mateusz Rebecki (155.5). Additionally, Kleydson Rodrigues checked in three pounds overweight for his flyweight pairing against Tatsuro Taira (126), and per ESPN Deportes, the fight has been canceled. Finally, Jamall Emmers initially clocked in one pound over for his featherweight fight against Jack Jenkins (145.5), but he returned having chopped off his hair to hit the 146-pound cap.
Ohh I like a good desperation last minute hair chop to try to make weight! I remember at least one other fighter has done this before. Maybe it was boxing I forget.