UFC 283 Teixeira vs Hill

Will

Administrator
Staff member

Thoughts on the main event? I want to bet Glover large as a dog (Although thought he would be a bigger dog) but the age and the absolute war he had last time out makes me wonder how many steps he will have lost since then.

Big step up for Jamahal.

Vaughany

Same, Glover on another level in grappling so very tempting but just expect his age to take it's toll in this one and Jamahal to be too quick and agile to get caught and put on his back and controlled on ground. If 2020 would have been all over Glover here like I was when he was dog against Anthony Smith. Most likely be on Jamahal by TKO/KO

Will

Administrator
Staff member
wow... im seeing nothing on sherdog or mmafighting... Ill go to twitter.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Are you april foolsing us Vaughany? I see nothing about this anywhere.

Vaughany

lol maybe I dreamt it, been having some weird dreams/nightmare recently since getting the covid
Maybe i read one of these fake news twitter pages when drunk on new years

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Did some tape study on ihor / Rua last night.

The narrative is, Rua is toast and this should be a layup for ihor. I started watching tape with this bias in mind.

Ihor will be noticeably quicker vs Rua and IF he went for it could likely get a first rd finish. However, how will Ihor bounce back from what was an exceptionally brutal finish against neg. I assume he will be a lot more timid in a bid to avoid a repeat which will result in him conserving energy and pushing the fight longer.

Ihor did slow down towards the end of rd 1 but Neg implemented a wrestle heavy game plan which I don’t see from rua. So he theoretically shouldn’t slow down as much/at all against Rua but he might, fighting in brazil, fighting ufc level competition ( he is historically a can crusher ).

My recommendations would be
  1. Same game parlay – Ihor / After rd 1 ( You can get this at plus odds )
  2. Wait for a live entry on Rua to see if Ihor slows down again.
This is a volatile fight would not play chalk here on any angle.

punisherind

Foundation Member
Did some tape study on ihor / Rua last night.

The narrative is, Rua is toast and this should be a layup for ihor. I started watching tape with this bias in mind.

Ihor will be noticeably quicker vs Rua and IF he went for it could likely get a first rd finish. However, how will Ihor bounce back from what was an exceptionally brutal finish against neg. I assume he will be a lot more timid in a bid to avoid a repeat which will result in him conserving energy and pushing the fight longer.

Ihor did slow down towards the end of rd 1 but Neg implemented a wrestle heavy game plan which I don’t see from rua. So he theoretically shouldn’t slow down as much/at all against Rua but he might, fighting in brazil, fighting ufc level competition ( he is historically a can crusher ).

My recommendations would be
  1. Same game parlay – Ihor / After rd 1 ( You can get this at plus odds )
  2. Wait for a live entry on Rua to see if Ihor slows down again.
This is a volatile fight would not play chalk here on any angle.
Under 1.5 +105

Like the live entry on rua / rua tko.

Reactions: BT

BT

Anyone else think Lauren Murphy is value city here? Andrade is a lil beast but she's not enough of a beast to be anywhere close to being favored that heavily against a tough, always game, always in shape, underrated jack of all trades type in Murphy for me to want to go anywhere near Andrade as a fav and I think Murphy as a sizable dog if anything has a ton of value in this one.

Now watch her get her ass handed to her, but we'll see!!

3u Murphy dif prices +360ish.

punisherind

Foundation Member
Anyone else think Lauren Murphy is value city here? Andrade is a lil beast but she's not enough of a beast to be anywhere close to being favored that heavily against a tough, always game, always in shape, underrated jack of all trades type in Murphy for me to want to go anywhere near Andrade as a fav and I think Murphy as a sizable dog if anything has a ton of value in this one.

Now watch her get her ass handed to her, but we'll see!!

3u Murphy dif prices +360ish.
3u is too bold for me, but i agree with the general sentiment here.

1u +385 on ol' catcher's mitt face.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Big size difference but Murphy doesnt move. She is going to get hit and andrade has shown her power translates in this higher weight class. Wouldnt be surprised if she gets stopped but Andrade ITD odds arent enticing enough for me personally.

Andrade itd also feels a little square.

When people see weigh ins and the size disparity your going to get money come in on murphy. So now is likely the time to play her IF you were going to play her. imho.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
I’m not sure if I’m on the same diet as Vaughny but I swear I saw an unlabeled YouTube video of a boxer knocking out Johnny walker in sparring with head gear on.

I’ve been looking everywhere for it again but can’t find it.

was against some Russian (or similar) boxer. Much smaller than Johnny.

not sure if the fight has been scrubbed from YouTube or I’m just drunk on the v juice.