Fighters you want to see retire

sideloaded

Last edited:

Beelzebubzy

As a moderately successful gambler; None. I can make money off of them.
The more Hendo fights the more money I will make off of him.

As a person who doesnt support himself through fighting, I would prefer someone retiring earlier rather than later. I understand someone like Mike Pyle has to pay his bills and making 100k a year fighting and teaching seminars is his passion, but there is a time to move on.

My list is
Hendo
TJ Waldburger
Mike Pyle
Dennis Siver
Brendan Schaub
Big Foot
Mir

ezflyer

Beel:

Don't agree on Pyle, Siver, schaub or Bigfoot.

Idk on mir. Maybe. He is a shell of what he was, but lots of cans he could beat in HW.

Hendo, sure.

ezflyer

Sideloaded: don't agree on any, lol

punisherind

Foundation Member
of the listed fighters, i'd agree on hendo and shogun.

some others

struve -- might legit die in the cage if he catches a dim mak to the heart.

big nog -- guy is nearly 50 in fight age.

ezflyer

ok.. i'm on board w/the nogs, at least big nog. enough is enough ><

and hendo

struve is arguable. the rest still have fights in them

JustBleedFan

Staff member
I don't really want to see anyone retire until it's their own decision. But above all, why is Miesha Tate on that list? She's only 28 years old and is on a three fight win streak. The only two opponents she has lost to in the last five years are two of the most elite female fighters Ronda Rousey and Cat Zingano.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Well you kind of missed the whole point of the thread. Not surprising come from you. Cathal Pendred is on a 3 fight win streak too. Doesnt mean he should ever fight again.

Who are you or any fan for that matter to say what should or shouldn't happen in these fighters' carers? I can see people in their lives suggesting that certain fighters who are older and have suffered a lot of injuries or taken a lot of damage might want to think of a career past fighting. But some of the fighters you named aren't in that position. Miehsa Tate and Cathal Pendred, both still in their twenties and doing well in their careers make no sense at all. Bottom line- your list is bad and you should feel bad about it.

BT

Lol uh oh, lots of strap ons itt. 22 to be exact.

Hendo's an obvious one for me, agree with Shogun as well. Sometimes I see his age and I don't believe he's that young. I think Waldburger is a good one too, the guy has been ko'd 7 times and he's only 27, time to find something else to do before your brain gives out on you. If Baroni isn't already retired he should be. I actually am kind of on board with the JDS one as well, I was always a big fan of his but the guy really hasn't improved with his time off and he's taken a few pretty terrible beatings not to mention at hw where the shots add up quicker. Seeing him move along the cage with his hands down taking shots against Stipe was tough to watch.

ezflyer

baroni's a good call, yea... i mean getting ko'd by karo.. and/or being scared of karo preceeding the ko... c'mon, phil...

BT

Struve has also been tko/KOd like 7 times

Not to mention he's had guys who hit about as hard as humanly possible like Hapa, Reem, and Hunt lighting him up and the dude's not even 27 yet. Like Punisher said, he's got a heart issue as well on top of all the damage he's taken. Definitely a top candidate to hang em up.

marzwoody

Jessamyn Duke and Shayna Baszler - these bitches should never fight again.

Mirko Cro Cop needs to retire from MMA and combat sports in general.