bellator 145 - freire-straus II

Discussion in 'Gambling and Betting Forum' started by ezflyer, Oct 25, 2015.

Added to Calendar: 11-06-15
  1. ezflyer

ezflyer Moderator Staff Member

2. ezflyer

pretty darn good bellator, man. prelims not so much, but .very solid main card

really curious to see these lines.

not sure if it's lawrence-curran or lawrence-sanchez(emmanuel)

3. ezflyer

Bellator Fighting Money Line Total Points
    Bellator 145 - Featherweight 5 rounds - Scottrade Center - St. Louis, Missouri - SPIKE TV
    Fri 11/6 3001 Daniel Straus -105 o4½ -140
    11:00PM 3002 Patricio Freire -135 u4½ +100
    Bellator 145 - Lightweight 5 rounds - Scottrade Center - St. Louis, Missouri - SPIKE TV
    Fri 11/6 3101 Marcin Held +220 o4½ -160
    10:30PM 3102 Will Brooks -300 u4½ +120
    Bellator 145 - Featherweight 3 rounds - Scottrade Center - St. Louis, Missouri - SPIKE TV
    Fri 11/6 3201 Emmanuel Sanchez +180 o2½ -190
    9:00PM 3202 Justin Lawrence -260 u2½ +150
    Bellator 145 - Lightweight 3 rounds - Scottrade Center - St. Louis, Missouri - SPIKE TV
    Fri 11/6 3301 David Rickels +600 o1½ -125
    9:30PM 3302 Michael Chandler -1200 u1½ -115
    Bellator 145 - Heavyweight 3 rounds - Scottrade Center - St. Louis, Missouri - SPIKE TV
    Fri 11/6 3401 James Thompson +220 o2½ -120
    10:00PM 3402 Bobby Lashley -300 u2½ -120

------

lmao @ chandler line

i hit brooks -300 (he's gonna get bet up i think, might not leave it all on him)

i hit sanchez +180

i hit thompson-lashley U2.5 -120 -- shocked it's not U1.5

not thrilled w/straus price. holding off for now.

4. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Aargh, I turn away for an hour after checking all day and I missed the openers. I'm on the same as you, EZ. Hit Sanchez at +160 and Lashley/Thompson under 2½ at -160. Like you, waiting to see Straus' line go up. It's already +110. Also bet Brooks at -385. I may leave it or hedge a bit if the line moves substantially.

BTW, this is Straus-Freire III, not II.

5. BT

BT Active Member

Missed openers too. Didn't even realize this card was happening this week. Took Sanchez +150, thompson-Lashley un2.5 -185 (not loving the price but one guy's gonna get stopped before the 3rd, imo), and un1.5 on Chandler/Rickels. Chandler absolutely destroyed Rickels in their first fight in under a minute. I don't think this is gonna be much different. Not sure on Pitbull/Straus, I like Straus but he's had a couple of tough late losses, kind of worried about the mental aspect with him. Gonna go back and watch their second fight and think about it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  6. ezflyer

curious to see what shape pitbull is in. cause he clearly was out of shape for weichel, and should've lost there. he had a bad cut, too, and looked soft. (MAN i liked that weichel line, got robbed).

if he's soft again vs straus, he's fucked

7. ezflyer

1u straus +120

i really think he gets it done this time. tho as i've detailed previously, i wanna see pitbull's shape at weigh-ins before i get really confident. i think he's starting to get cocky, taking guys lightly. MAYBE that was just cause it was weichel and MAYBE he knows straus is a tougher fight, but yea.

omalley21 likes this.
  8. ezflyer

wow, straus up to +155, ok, then, more on him.

was gonna wait for weighins, but this is exactly the spot i'd hoped he'd be before lines opened

9. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Crimony, I listened to some music and watched the Ultimate Fighter and just realized I missed the peak of Straus' line at +155. Gotta keep a closer eye on this movement.

10. ezflyer

Mmhmm! Super glue your smartphone onto your eyeballs, it works wonders!

11. Mirinquads

Mirinquads Active Member Staff Member

Pitbull the dog now? (Pun intended) Seems a little strange

12. Vaughany

Vaughany Active Member

Pitbull brothers jumped Brooks! They are like the Dudley Boyz!

13. ezflyer

He got his ass kicked by weichel last fight... Luckiest KO of the year

14. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

I totally misread the line move on the main event. Went to bed hoping Straus would shoot up again from +110, and instead they're currently even at -115.

15. ezflyer

i think it'll stay near evens

MAYBE straus can get back to tiny +odds, but i see a LOT of people picking him

16. BT

BT Active Member

Was hoping to get Straus at +150 or so when I missed it the first time but that didn't happen. So now I'm on the other side, took Pitbull -125, probably just gonna keep it at that even though the price is better now. I favor Pitbull but not by a whole lot, think Straus caught him off guard with his improved striking in their rematch and he had a lot of trouble adjusting. Think he'll come out more prepared for Straus's left hand and get the better of the stand up this time around. Not very confident, I understand the issues with him looking like shit both physically and performance wise last time out so I'm keeping the bet moderate.

17. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Yeah, I would have jumped on Straus at +150 if I had been vigilant enough, but at this point with them both at -115, I'm waiting to see either one at slight +money in the next 24 hours.

18. mmaed

mmaed Member

Does anyone remember if Pitbull was injured before or during their last fight? I thought I heard something like that but I can't remember.

19. BT

BT Active Member

Didn't see anything on Pitbull but did see that Straus is coming off an acl tear and had a 180 day suspension after the fight for a "possible fractured knee." Seems like the acl tear came after the fight, he never mentioned it in the article I read, only that he was rehabbing an acl but not that it happened before or during the fight. That being said, he must've busted his knee up pretty good during the rematch at some point if they thought his knee might've been fractured.

20. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Emmanuel Sanchez looks in shape on the scale and sounds confident about his training with Duke Roufus but misses weight by more than two pounds.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015