UFN 89 - Wonderboy vs Waterboy

TheCalculator

This is my biggest bet of the year: 10U Wonderboy for the win.

I just don't think Rory is gonna able to deal with the striking. And I think Wonderboy nullifies most of the TDs. 25 minutes is too long for Rory to survive. Rory took some MAJOR neurological and brain damage in his fight against Lawlor -- that kind of damage aged him internally 5 years.

The only guy I believe who can stop Wonderboy is Maia.

marzwoody

I'm on the opposite side. Wonder boy hasn't been in a war in his life, how much heart does he have? Hendrix was the smaller man against Thompson. think Rory might have better success with takedowns, gonna be a great fight.

Beelzebubzy

I'm on the opposite side. Wonder boy hasn't been in a war in his life, how much heart does he have? Hendrix was the smaller man against Thompson. think Rory might have better success with takedowns, gonna be a great fight.
brown took Wonderboy to deep waters

ezflyer

huuuuge wonderboy fan, but i think rory might be the worst matchup in the division for him. good enough on the feet to not get simply starched, very rangey, too.. and he obviously has the ground game edge & might just be able to get it there.

thx to a certain someone i have a play on wonderoy +150 opener on euro book, but i'm heavily leaning towards turning that into an arb etc on a rory bet

ezflyer

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-Fight-Night-89-MacDonald-vs-Thompson-50939

mmaed

huuuuge wonderboy fan, but i think rory might be the worst matchup in the division for him. good enough on the feet to not get simply starched, very rangey, too.. and he obviously has the ground game edge & might just be able to get it there.

thx to a certain someone i have a play on wonderoy +150 opener on euro book, but i'm heavily leaning towards turning that into an arb etc on a rory bet
Agreed. He is a terrible match up for him.

TheCalculator

I'm surprised you guys are referencing the Brown fight. That was 4 years ago. Have you not witnessed the leveling up in skills?

It's a big mistake to cap people based on what happened 4 years ago. You've got to go with where the fighters are NOW. Wonderboy's grappling is literally 2X or 3X better than it was at that time.

I can see Rory putting up a good fight. But Wonderboy is the BEST STRIKER IN THE UFC. People on this forum were saying the same thing for the Hendricks fight. Prepared to be shocked on June 18th.

ezflyer

I'm surprised you guys are referencing the Brown fight. That was 4 years ago. Have you not witnessed the leveling up in skills?

It's a big mistake to cap people based on what happened 4 years ago. You've got to go with where the fighters are NOW. Wonderboy's grappling is literally 2X or 3X better than it was at that time.

I can see Rory putting up a good fight. But Wonderboy is the BEST STRIKER IN THE UFC. People on this forum were saying the same thing for the Hendricks fight. Prepared to be shocked on June 18th.

would be all over wonderboy vs robbie.

rory is harder fight

Reactions: bum

Mirinquads

Staff member
Rory can kick with Wonderboy at range, and has a solid pressure game, this fight will look absolutely nothing like the Hendricks fight

JoshKnows46

I've been on the wonderboy train for a long time, as you know I hammer the dog shit out of him every time he fights, but I agree this is his toughest fight yet and robbie would be a much easier fight. He's one of my golden gooses, but I'd pull back the reigns on going 10 units here if I was you. For me, its wonderboy or no play everytime, you'll probable never see me bet against him, because I believe in his talents and improvements, but I'm leaning no play so far, Why are you betting so much?

Last edited:

TheCalculator

I've been on the wonderboy train for a long time, as you know I hammer the dog shit out of him every time he fights, but I agree this is his toughest fight yet and robbie would be a much easier fight. He's one of my golden gooses, but I'd pull back the reigns on going 10 units here if I was you. For me, its wonderboy or no play everytime, you'll probable never see me bet against him, because I believe in his talents and improvements, but I'm leaning no play so far, Why are you betting so much?

I simply think he's THAT good. I conservatively cap him at -200. Rory is gonna get destroyed on the feet. His only chance is TDs (which he will try) and keep Wonderboy down (which he won't). I think Wonderboy's grappling and TDD has come together and he can stop anyone except Maia.

marzwoody

What makes you think he could stop anyone's TD except Maia? as the taller guy it wasn't hard for him to plant his feet and stop Hendricks TD.

Vaughany

Big on Cerronay too but I don't think it's perfect for him.... Cote is durable enough to take a beating to give one so could put a guy like Cerronay in trouble given his serious lack of head movement and constant slow starts!

TheCalculator

My main concern with Cerrone is if he fights a top level grappler which Cote isn't. Yes, Cote might out-grind Cerrone, but I think they're gonna bang and Cowboy will deliver the better of it.