UFN 162 on ESPN+ 20 Maia vs Askren

Mirinquads

Staff member
Am i crazy, or is this a really good fight for Maia?

He usually gets beaten by wrestlers with standup he cant get down - Maia is a better striker than Askren.

People are talking about cardio - but how else is Ben gonna fight than try and sit in top position? Grappling, Maia has great cardio and doesnt get tired (Life long grappler) - He swept Jake Shields several times, whos a middle weight. I think it they grapple it will either be close grinding for 5 rounds, or Maia hits him with a quick sub after a scramble or something.

How does Askren win other than 5 rounds of top position - Who doesnt think Maia can use his grappling chops to do something there?

Guess so

bjpenn85

Maia saved the night, broke even, i felt like this card was pretty hard with Johnson fucking shit up, some bad judging as always also...man october is tricky as well

Will

Administrator
Staff member
I couldn’t see the line movement live on the maia fight. was askren getting steamed?

I.e - was the line moving heavily ( I.e from betting?)

JustBleedFan

Staff member
I couldn’t see the line movement live on the maia fight. was askren getting steamed?

I live bet Askren at -164 at one book when he was around -200 at other books in round 2 I believe.

punisherind

Foundation Member

Hard for me to tell if it was movement based on action or just the changing circumstances, but after mid-1st round the line was only moving in favor of askren from what i saw.

marzwoody

As someone who is married to a thai lady. I cant continue without balancing Loma with some of her other kin.

Nice. my girlfriend is Chinese. Asian women are the best