UFN 158 on ESPN+ 16 Cowboy vs Gaethje

JustBleedFan

Staff member

punisherind

Foundation Member
Gaethje vs cowboy and not a single comment in the thread! Had to rectify this situation.

I have no strong lean on this fight but i need some action (as if the fight isnt going to be exciting enough lol).

What is everyone thinking? Where u at @Vaughany ? @Mirinquads ?

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Had a look at the lines. Surprised to see Gaj rd 1 +300 at dimes. Considering that is Cerrone's cryptonite and Gaj's MO.
My aus book had Gaj KO rd 1 +375.

2u Gaj KO +375

Gaj in the UFC has faded in all of his fights that go long. I will probably live play Cowboy after rd 1 or rd 2 (if it gets there) at decent dog odds.

Cerrone even said in his fight against Al I that he was hurt badly in rd 1 and if Al had come on he would of been in trouble.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Capping atm, will report back.

Looking at so far:

Gadhjte and Gadhjte round 1. But this could be a 4-5 round finish for Cowboy ala Poirer, but Im not sure Cowboy can sustain the assualt for the new and improved defense Gad
Though Gad guard and habit of just covering up and countering if he can feel you hitting the guard could be bad news against Cowboy, as he loves coming up the middle with a knee / Jab, then keeping/ creating distance and coming around the side with a headkick (Gad was finished by a knee up the middle against Eddie too)

Vaughany

Gaethje vs cowboy and not a single comment in the thread! Had to rectify this situation.

I have no strong lean on this fight but i need some action (as if the fight isnt going to be exciting enough lol).

What is everyone thinking? Where u at @Vaughany ? @Mirinquads ?

Seems on paper one of those where Cowboy gets cracked early - Till like fight. Gaethje has had eye issue I see, not sure how much that has affected his training/prep

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Justin Gaethje just told media he dealt with an eye infection during camp that almost forced him out of this fight

https://twitter.com/mikebohnmma/status/1171960614631034881?s=21

Watched a vid on mmafighting where Justin spoke about it.
He refused to answer when he got the infection.

That’s a worry, it was likely recently if he is still wearing glasses because of light sensitivity . infections come with antibiotics.

Antibiotics plays with a fighthers gas tank.

Ergh....

I have multiple books that have Justin rd 1-2-3 at +110. That’s a great line in my opinion but it’s hard to put more on Justin with the above going on. :/

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Post-USADA Todd Duffee doesn't look in the same shape physically as he did back in the day. Even his body language seemed weird on the scale.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Hall and Hall round 3 +1500 - Mostly for the value, though i did also hit shoeface decision at like +600.

Tex +110 and tex round 2 - Do i have to explain? Krylov's grappling is funny

Johns -130 - Better fighter all around.

Hughes -110, really a crab shoot, but Duffman returning after 4 years with no chin already..

COnnelly +450 - Pereria is the type of fighter to bet against as a fav and bet on as a dog.

Sakai / Tybura GTD, Griffin/skelly ITD, Smolka Sub for some parlay stuff