ufc on fox 15

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Looks like some of us DirecTV and possibly other cable tv viewers are going to get screwed again on the prelim fights. They're supposedly being broadcast on Fox at 6 PM right before the main card at 8 PM EDT this Saturday, but my channel guide has the 6 and 6:30 pm news, Inside Edition and Deco Drive listed like a usual Saturday. I recall that happened last year on a UFC on Fox card too. My theory is that the Miami Fox affiliate WSVN doesn't want to pre-empt their local programing in these so-called Access time slots where they make their money on local tv commercials. They don't care what network programming runs in Prime Time whether it's fights or a sit-com at 8 PM so they'll run the main card and put up with the annoyance of it possibly running into the late local news again. I'll probably have to get a stream like I did last time to watch the tv prelims.

Mirinquads

Staff member
These lines are well set, cant find a lot to like

Napes21

Anyone else taking Bulldog Face v. PVZ? Think PVZ is also overhyped. Only played Herrig very light so far and already hate myself for it as I can't stand her but think she can outwrestle PVZ rather easily.

Napes21

Hit Holloway, Swanson/Holloway o2.5, Anderson and Mizugaki/Sterling o2.5 at openers (along with the aforementioned small play on the Bulldog)

Mirinquads

Staff member
Yes, the female Bigfoot might be a play for me, I will have to watch tape though. One thing that's for sure is that VanZants striking fundamentals are downright awful.

ezflyer

Anyone else taking Bulldog Face v. PVZ? Think PVZ is also overhyped. Only played Herrig very light so far and already hate myself for it as I can't stand her but think she can outwrestle PVZ rather easily.

Yes, the female Bigfoot might be a play for me, I will have to watch tape though. One thing that's for sure is that VanZants striking fundamentals are downright awful.

idk. maybe. if it was evens, i'd take pvz. i think she's hungrier/tougher. might "want it more" (that kinda thing.. those kinds of intangibles)

herrig kinda a quitter.

curious to see them square off, size might be important.

Napes21

Maybe the taste of JoJo isn't out of my mouth yet but I just feel like PVZ is another hype train waiting to be de-railed and as much as I and pretty much everyone I know despise Bulldog she seems like a suitable person to do it in my opinion. IIRC PVZ has some shit ass TDD and hits like a butterfly.

Mirinquads

Staff member
So you'd like a little taste of Herrig is what I'm hearing Napez?

I have to watch tape through the week, will check back in.

alpinepetey

The O2.5 in the Herrig/PVZ fight opened at -270 and is all the way down to -170. I think its decent parlay material at that price.

Last edited:

Napes21

What does everyone think Mizugaki will climb to? Think he can get to +300? At this point I'm almost guaranteed to make a play on him but will just wait for Sterling to get parlayed everywhere. Would rather be on Sterling but didn't love the opening price and now its hard for me not to see value in the line on Mizugak. Always tricky trying to time the entry on a play with one sided action.

Mirinquads

Staff member
What does everyone think Mizugaki will climb to? Think he can get to +300? At this point I'm almost guaranteed to make a play on him but will just wait for Sterling to get parlayed everywhere. Would rather be on Sterling but didn't love the opening price and now its hard for me not to see value in the line on Mizugak. Always tricky trying to time the entry on a play with one sided action.

300 is pushing it, but possible right before fight time, Black ripped guy vs a less impressive looking Asian. Line is already inflated though, Miz ain't no punk.

Wilbo86

i flt mildly square inst-playing sterling at opens, but i don't feel so bad now. whatever value existed is lonnngggg gone.

PSUMike

I'm high on Sterling but that line is out of whack. I think people still have the visions of Cruz steamrolling Miz in their minds.

Vaughany

yeah I thought there might be value on Mizugaki when I first saw that line yesterday. On flipside I just dont like betting against SerraLongo guys!

Swanson -145 is only good value on based on expectation that he actually uses his grappling

Dariush at -175 based on idea that Miller is past it and does not have the cardio like he used to have

Rockhold TKO/KO @ +420 for shits and giggles

mmaed

yeah I thought there might be value on Mizugaki when I first saw that line yesterday. On flipside I just dont like betting against SerraLongo guys!

Swanson -145 is only good value on based on expectation that he actually uses his grappling

Dariush at -175 based on idea that Miller is past it and does not have the cardio like he used to have

Rockhold TKO/KO @ +420 for shits and giggles
Without Swansons grappling coming into play, who do you think the better striker is? Ill have to side with Holloway, by a small amount. Cub's wildcard is his athleticism. He can cover distance with his strikes really quickly. That could come in handy against Holloways length.

Vaughany

Without getting in to specifics and intricacies of striking, ultimately Holloway has higher volume but Swanson has more power so I'd say it's pretty much 50/50