UFC Fight Night: Gane vs. Tuivasa

punisherind

Foundation Member
help me understand this.

BSD was -210 vs ufc vet christo yagos (line opened +130 and was smashed). he gets an opponent switch to a brazilian journeyman. guy is late notice and has to travel to france. resume not very impressive; guy is 16-7 without any ufc-level wins. BSD fighting in front of a home crowd in paris.

and the price on the new lines is...

the same as it was against yagos @ -210?!?!

i'm not going to watch tape on gabriel miranda so someone tell me why i should smash BSD??? i already got 2u on it but thinking about a max bomb.

punisherind

Foundation Member
fk it, since no one talked me out of it i had to smesh that BSD line at bol. up to 7.4u on it. :Giosideon:

Will

Administrator
Staff member
fk it, since no one talked me out of it i had to smesh that BSD line at bol. up to 7.4u on it. :Giosideon:

Talk you out of it? Hmmm.. All I could of said is we dont play chalk ? ;)

but in all seriousness, i dont recall BSD's prior fights. I just had a look at some of his ufc live plays and see he got 10-8'd vs Elizeu Zaleski Santos in rd 2 and finished the fight ( he also lost rd 3. would of been nice if he won rd 3 but at least he finished the fight ).

Had a look at his op, Specifically his ops records. He has been fighting cans and the only time he steps up , he losses by decision ( expect for 1 fight where he got tko'd ).

Pass for me or blind over 1.5 rds at -105 for 1u.

punisherind

Foundation Member
Talk you out of it? Hmmm.. All I could of said is we dont play chalk ? ;)

but in all seriousness, i dont recall BSD's prior fights. I just had a look at some of his ufc live plays and see he got 10-8'd vs Elizeu Zaleski Santos in rd 2 and finished the fight ( he also lost rd 3. would of been nice if he won rd 3 but at least he finished the fight ).

Had a look at his op, Specifically his ops records. He has been fighting cans and the only time he steps up , he losses by decision ( expect for 1 fight where he got tko'd ).

Pass for me or blind over 1.5 rds at -105 for 1u.
that fight against elizeu was short notice and, imo, one of those rare spots where a guy got destroyed in the fight but his stock still went up. showed a ton of heart and demonstrated he will keep fighting for your money.

punisherind

Foundation Member
FYI, my early bets on BSD -210 were voided by betus. fkn c@cksuckers. i guess they are taking the position that -210 was an error even though that was the market-wide opener. i'm not going to bother chatting about it since i take numerous shots at that book.

i'm left with 5 units @ -235

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like im in the minority but i threw some money on jourdain. Think burgos was a stylistic nightmare for him and he did ok there. Some argue that he won. Wood coming up in weight. Close fight. I dont love the chalk and i wish i just waited for props ( love the jourdain desc +250 ) but not sure i want to compound my position with more action on jourdain.

BT

Looks like im in the minority but i threw some money on jourdain. Think burgos was a stylistic nightmare for him and he did ok there. Some argue that he won. Wood coming up in weight. Close fight. I dont love the chalk and i wish i just waited for props ( love the jourdain desc +250 ) but not sure i want to compound my position with more action on jourdain.
I'm on Jourdain too fwiw. I think Wood is a good muay thai guy but he's bound to make a few mistakes during fights that a guy like Jourdain can make into a pretty serious fuck up imo. Wood will prob win 3 mins of the rd and get caught w/ a body shot or something and drop and lose the rd. That's what it seems like to me at least. Sneaky sub on Jourdain in play too?

punisherind

Foundation Member
i'm starting the card with a small 0.5u play on ailin +250. just don't think eggers should be -300 vs anyone with a pulse.