UFC Fight Night: Eye vs Calvillo

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Merab has had multiple 10-8's in his last 3 fights. Has not even attempted 1 sub in his last 3 fights.
The guy he is fighting is late notice and cant make weight and has to fight up 5 pounds. (id like to know when they agreed to 140).
Lopez has been stopped in rd 4 before which may be an indication that he wears.
lopez has many early finishes so may give it his all in rd 1 to try to get the finish and wear after that.

DNGTD deserves a look at imho and for those chasing higher odds, perhaps a KO given Merab has zero sub attempts.

punisherind

Foundation Member
always wonder how the books freeze the live line before the live feed if i'm on the official espn feed??? both my live betting options pulled a good 5 seconds before the ko.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Wrong thread , but while we wait. Why is Till +145 to Whittaker. Bad match up for Whittaker imho.
Also think Whittaker is damaged goods moreso than till's recent ko losses which i put down to extreme weight cuts.

lucky

Wrong thread , but while we wait. Why is Till +145 to Whittaker. Bad match up for Whittaker imho.
Also think Whittaker is damaged goods moreso than till's recent ko losses which i put down to extreme weight cuts.
I bet Whittaker-130. But I dont think he is shot. Why do you think its a bad match up for him

Will

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate he won the title, and went the distance with Yoel twice but i still think he is undersized for the weight class. He doesnt have the physical presence or punching power to keep Till off him at this weight. ( Although he did stop Brad Tavares which not many people can say )

I also think those wars he fought with Yoel took a lot out of him. He was injury prone before those fights.

Unrelated but - I am part of ufc MMA aus facebook group that roberts dad is also on. Robs dad said the ufc 248 pull out was not related to rob's daughter and suggested it was injury related. If true , i feel like he is fast going down the cain route.

I liked Jared Cannonier as well more so than Till.

lucky

I think Bobby knuckles is much better all around. Sure he is smaller.. but i think he packs plenty of power. His jab and kicks are strong enough to keep til off him. Big concerns over injury obv. That's why only small bet for me.

I rate whittaker highly. (If healthy... big if) and I am not high on till

Will

Administrator
Staff member
While Merab coming forward like i factored, Lopez Cardio holding up better than i thought it would.

punisherind

Foundation Member
I appreciate he won the title, and went the distance with Yoel twice but i still think he is undersized for the weight class. He doesnt have the physical presence or punching power to keep Till off him at this weight. ( Although he did stop Brad Tavares which not many people can say )

I also think those wars he fought with Yoel took a lot out of him. He was injury prone before those fights.

Unrelated but - I am part of ufc MMA aus facebook group that roberts dad is also on. Robs dad said the ufc 248 pull out was not related to rob's daughter and suggested it was injury related. If true , i feel like he is fast going down the cain route.

I liked Jared Cannonier as well more so than Till.
does he have a good relationship with his dad? why would dad put that out there???

Will

Administrator
Staff member
does he have a good relationship with his dad? why would dad put that out there???
Yes i believe so, It was awhile ago but it was something along the lines of that his daughter was fine and rob was dealing with something. As people were sending alot of well wishes to robs daughter.

punisherind

Foundation Member
Yes i believe so, It was awhile ago but it was something along the lines of that his daughter was fine and rob was dealing with something. As people were sending alot of well wishes to robs daughter.
interesting. i was leaning rob myself, gonna wait until i see some recent footage.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Thoughts on eye's cut and wether that will affect her in the later rounds ? Thinking of putting on a bet on eye.