UFC Fight Night: Eye vs Calvillo

Mirinquads

Staff member
I feel like im taking crazy pills with that Cavillo line.. We all remember that Eye is complete garbage, no?

punisherind

Foundation Member
I feel like im taking crazy pills with that Cavillo line.. We all remember that Eye is complete garbage, no?
My first thought also, but its probably because Calvillo moving up in weight class and Eye does have a clear path to victory.

Mirinquads

Staff member
My first thought also, but its probably because Calvillo moving up in weight class and Eye does have a clear path to victory.
Sure enough, size is a thing for sure. Not sure that Eye is the fighter to leverage that advantage though

JustBleedFan

No. Eye is 14-2 below bantamweight in her career and has won every fight at flyweight in the UFC as an underdog, losing only to Valentina of course. She should be favored against Calvillo here and I will be betting her.

bjpenn85

I think Eye will outstrike Cynthia here, takedowns are a potential issue. I feel she will outstrike cynthia, not with ease, but she will slowly but steady cruise in to victory.

terpkeg

Anyone have opinion on Agapova v Cifers? I do not know Agapova but if Cifers does not cut a lot of weight I think it helps that she just fought and should be relatively unscathed.

JustBleedFan

Anyone have opinion on Agapova v Cifers? I do not know Agapova but if Cifers does not cut a lot of weight I think it helps that she just fought and should be relatively unscathed.
There's going to be quite a size difference, especially height and I'm guessing reach as welll. Agapova is pretty good, although if Cifers can get on the insde and it stays standing it could be competitive. If Agapova keeps her at range, assuming a reach advantage, or takes it to the ground, she'll have the advantage there. I may bet Mariya as a favorite if the price keeps dropping.

bjpenn85

I watched Agapova. Not impressed. Shes has a higher ceiling obviously, good reach, although somewhat unathletic which def will slow her progress at the top. But shes also a little bit hesitant and not determined. The price is also waaay to expensive even at -160 for a, lets say semi unknown fighter without any experience fighting ufc level talent. Clear pass, easy pass. No reason to force bet. So many good bets out there right now.