UFC Fight Night: Covington vs Woodley

Will

Administrator
Staff member
What's the common wisdom, that Cowboy fights better when his opponent is friendly with him, right? Niko was every respectful and friendly with Cowboy.

That first gained real traction with the Diaz fight and he used that excuse again when he fought Leon Edwards.

Anthony was respectful and Donald just couldn’t get going. So I don’t wouldn’t put weight on it.

I think he is toast in general.... he might win but I will never bet on him ML again.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
That first gained real traction with the Diaz fight and he used that excuse again when he fought Leon Edwards.

Anthony was respectful and Donald just couldn’t get going. So I don’t wouldn’t put weight on it.

I think he is toast in general.... he might win but I will never bet on him ML again.
Against Niko Price I am going to try, at least this one more time. Hope the price improves a bit.

terpkeg

Isn't this a great match up for Dern? Someone who defaults to grappling herself any time distance closes and has shoddy TD defense.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Fwiw JBF, Bisbing said on his podcast that he has in the know info that cerrone didnt train properly nor spar at all for the mcgregor fight which is why cowboys long time trainers werent in his corner.

He didnt mention the pettis fight but did say his trainers told him this camp he trained like the "old cowboy" and sparred multiple times a week.

Probably a good thing for your pick unless he took damage.

Im still on Niko ITD, Ive made my bed but the above is interesting.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Fwiw JBF, Bisbing said on his podcast that he has in the know info that cerrone didnt train properly nor spar at all for the mcgregor fight which is why cowboys long time trainers werent in his corner.

He didnt mention the pettis fight but did say his trainers told him this camp he trained like the "old cowboy" and sparred multiple times a week.

Probably a good thing for your pick unless he took damage.

Im still on Niko ITD, Ive made my bed but the above is interesting.
Nice to hear. I'm going to bet Cowboy live if he survives round 1.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
They are flying through these fights tonight. Usually i have a bit of time to do some prep.