UFC 214 - Jones vs Cormier II - Anaheim

ezflyer

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-214-Cormier-vs-Jones-2-57825

mmaed

I never get why these guys post pics like that. If I was in usada and I saw that I would be testing him immediately.

ezflyer

Demian Maia +135
Tyron Woodley -175

Over 2.5 -140
Under 2.5 +100
-

UFC Women's Featherweight Title

Tonya Evinger +600
Cristiane Justino -1200

Over 1.5 +190
Under 1.5 -270
-

Donald Cerrone +135
Robbie Lawler -175

Over 2.5 -120
Under 2.5 -120
-

Volkan Oezdemir +150
Jimi Manuwa -190

Over 1.5 +115
Under 1.5 -155
-

Ricardo Lamas -110
Jason Knight -130

Over 2.5 -185
Under 2.5 -145
-----

ezflyer

hope i don't regret passing on U2.5 +100 on twood-maia

ezflyer

took lamas opener -110, i don't like fading knight but i think lamas is on another level. think he can get takedowns if he wants, too

so far looks like twood getting bet.. maia up to +160.. still mulling it over.. i did honestly favor twood here, hoped he would be even money.

ezflyer

Was hoping for bigger number on Maia. No way I thought fight would open pk em

i didn't think he would, hehe. i just hoped =P

i.e.. i didn't think rountree would open +100 vs craig, i didn't think cummins would open +110 vs villante.. but both did !

ezflyer

lamas +105 now.. adding... have to...

mmaed

Question about Maia vs Woodleys. How do you guys see him fair with takedowns. Obviously this whole fight rides on that so I know it's basically asking who your betting, but Askren just released a statement saying he doesn't see 'Maia as being able to take him down. That said, he was his training partner for a while so there is obvious bias. I'm personally having a tough time figuring this out.

ezflyer

Question about Maia vs Woodleys. How do you guys see him fair with takedowns. Obviously this whole fight rides on that so I know it's basically asking who your betting, but Askren just released a statement saying he doesn't see 'Maia as being able to take him down. That said, he was his training partner for a while so there is obvious bias. I'm personally having a tough time figuring this out.

didn't askren also say maia wouldn't take masvidal down..?

i'm aware twood has a vastly different wrestling background, hehe

idk, i wanted twood near evens. he's my kneejerk pick. but w/the movement (and perceived/potential continued movement), i'll probably end up on maia. or maia rd1/2, or maia sub, etc.

mmaed

Don't know what Askren said about Masvidal, I take his opinion with some skepticism given his association with Woodley. That said, my knee jerk opinion is Woodley as well. His combination of wrestling, speed and punching power seem like they are a very bad combination for Maia. That said, if Maia gets him down, I think his chances of finishing are pretty high.

ezflyer

I think this is a no-brainer taking lamas as the dog. dude is 8-3 in the ufc fighting pertty much the elite of the elite. His three losses? aldo, mendes, holloway.

in fact, in his last loss, to holloway.. he was never really even close to being finished, and that's saying a lot considering how holloway is blasting everyone else.

he took everything chucky olives had and came back to finish the dude in his last fight.. is knight better than chucky olives? i don't think he's done anything to suggest that...

lamas has the power edge, strength edge, wrestling edge, experience edge... and he's the dog? makes no sense to me.

OnTheO

It is one of the strangest lines I've seen in awhile. I would've expected Lamas between -180 and -220. That said, I tend to overrate older veterans and underrate the newb in a lot of these match-ups.

lucky

Playing devils advocate lamas is 35 so on decline while knight 25 and improving. No play for me yet. Plan on watching some tape tonight

Mirinquads

Staff member
I think Lamas get's absolutely trashed here. Knight is an animal.

ezflyer

I think Lamas get's absolutely trashed here. Knight is an animal.

Man I disagree but I guess that's why it's near evens? People will disagree on this one

ezflyer

It is one of the strangest lines I've seen in awhile. I would've expected Lamas between -180 and -220. That said, I tend to overrate older veterans and underrate the newb in a lot of these match-ups.

Hehe. me, too.