ufc 192 - DC vs gus

Vaughany

I had Cormier by decision so no clouding of judgement here! I still dont see how Cormier won rnd 3 tho!

PSUMike

Watching JoBen/Ali live now. Round by round scoring...

Rd 1 - Really uneventful round. All stand up and mostly pitter patter shots. Equally aggressive with occasional haymakers thrown by both guys. Joe landed about 3 really hard shots. Ali landed one really good uppercut. Could go either way but I gave Joe the slight edge due to more big shots landed. 10-9 Joe but could justify a 10-9 for Ali as well.

Rd 2 - Kind of similar round. Joe threw more kicks and held range better. I don't think Ali really landed anything very cleanly. Joe had a couple of partially connected high kicks and one or 2 good punches. Ali got 2 takedowns but couldn't control Joe and Joe was back up before he could get set. Another close round but I think this was a little clearer for Joe 10-9. Close but fairly clear imo. 20-18 for Joe at the moment on my card.

Rd 3 - Ali landed the only clean shots of the round in a 2-3 shot combo early. But Joe was just so much more aggressive, constantly throwing shots, controlling the center of the cage, and maintaining good defense. Another close but clear round for Joe 10-9 and 30-27 overall.

I could justify giving Ali the 1st as it was the closest but I think Joe did overall better work and deserved the win. It was a close fight but I thought Joe won every round. I don't see anything controversial about the outcome.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Holy shit Tumenov is good. Rewatched the fight, Jouban looked a full weightclass if not more larger, but as soon as Jouban clinched up with him he was thrown like a little child.. No wasted movement, perfectly economical.. Put the fear of god in him with a couple of straight, Jouban was moving backwards for the rest of the fight (Literally never seen him do this before). Always ready with a counter, GGG style. Then just murders him with a combo, constantly keeps one hand on him to control him, giving him absolutely no chance to recover. This guy is terrifying. Gotta wonder where Jouban is mentally, after that complete domination in every facet of the game... May realize he'd rather be a model then get his face rearranged by these Dagistani fighting androids.

Drop a weightclass Tummy.

Last edited:

ezflyer

yea tumenov is really good.

fucker.