Superstitions When You're Betting

BT

I have several superstitions, I'm weird like that. For instance if I'm betting on a team/fighter and they're doing well, I refuse to change the volume on the tv. I won't change where I'm sitting when I watch if a team/fighter I bet on is doing well. If they're not doing well I will change my seat. Maybe it's my baseball past, baseball players are crazy ocd about a lot of shit and maybe that's the reason why but I also feel like Gamblers have the same type of mentality. There's definitely other weird superstitious shit that I do but just off the top of my head those are some things that I tend to do when betting.

If you do have similar superstitions when betting, what are they? Discuss.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Haha...

I use to live bet with Ezyflyer and grabaka.

If we prebet fighter A. Then played fighter B live. It seemed like fighter A would always win.

It seemed like we would only hedge our winners.

So we would joke about “ securing the win “ when we hedges against our initial play.

For a little while there id occasionally throw a very small amount on the opposite side live to “ secure the win “.

Haha.

Other than that if a round is close and my fighter doesn’t immediately throw his hands in the air to claim victory I always think he has lost the round in the judges eyes.

Reactions: BT

Beelzebubzy

my first several years I think I lost every bet that I made that was at .7u or to win .7u.
So now, I never bet it, I will always bet .72u.

sad!

BT

I have a bet on Michigan, they're ahead by 23 w/ less than a min to go and I still won't mark it or any other "sure thing" as a win until the fat lady sings.

Mirinquads

Staff member
I never jinx a bet by declaring it a winner when it's still early. And I never call anything a lock
That one is big... Several times when I have left the room to a sure winner, then came back and some sort of crazy comeback or robbery has occured. So never leave the room for a 'sure thing'!

punisherind

Foundation Member
I have a bet on Michigan, they're ahead by 23 w/ less than a min to go and I still won't mark it or any other "sure thing" as a win until the fat lady sings.
Same, but on the other hand, i will mark a loss before its final for the good ole reverse jinx attempt lol.

BT

Same, but on the other hand, i will mark a loss before its final for the good ole reverse jinx attempt lol.
Lol yup I'm the same way, I will mark L's before the fight/game ends all the time too, sometimes I do it embarrassingly early haha.

lucky

It sucks when u written bet off as loser. Only to check score later and you have the lead. Giving you some sweat and hope. But end up losing still. Like wtf. I already mentally had it as loser, then I got my hopes up I could win again. So it's like I lost twice kinda.