Scammed by Mybookie.ag

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Team,

Having been gambling online for the last 13 years. I can say without a doubt that the last 2 days have been my worst from a customer service / book experience standpoint culminating in Mybookie scamming me out of $4000+ USD.

Details to come...

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Always disturbing to hear, especially after my recent experience with 1xbit. I would expect MyBookie to be more on the level though so it's even worse. I'll look forward to reading the details since I'm sure I'll have questions as I have money there myself.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
5/10 (Aus)
I notice that i can no longer login to my account at MYB.

upload_2019-10-6_10-57-49.png

I speak to the lady and she tells me they are no longer accepting australian players. I include the below screenshot which shows there is no restriction for australian players.

upload_2019-10-6_10-58-57.png

At this point i have $4500+ between pending and balance. So when she says they will refund the funds. I am dissapointed that they seemingly will cancel my pending bets.

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-6_10-54-51.png
    upload_2019-10-6_10-54-51.png
    695.7 KB · Views: 5

JustBleedFan

Staff member
That sucks to be blindsided like that, but so far they are saying you'll get your money back at least. And since it just happened today, let's hope that happens, right?

Will

Administrator
Staff member
So at this point, I am more annoyed at the cancellation of my bets. I had some goods ones in there that were pending. Little did i know, things were about to get worse. Now we fast forward to today. 24hrs since. And i am still unable to log into my account.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
upload_2019-10-6_11-20-56.png

So in short, Mybookie has decided to retroactively cancel all my bets since the creation of my account in 2018 and retain all winning monies. Offering only to refund my initial deposit.

There is no allegation of abuse by mybookie ( as seen above). They are citing the reason that i am Australian. Even though i fully verified with them in April as i had intended on withdrawing when barstoolsports were fighting with mybookie and despite the fact Australia is not on their list of countries they do not service.

This appears to be selective scamming as i know of other australians who use mybookie and have not had their accounts frozen.

punisherind

Foundation Member
totally fucked. you need to post all of this on sbr forum and file a complaint.

i think they can actually help you here. mybookie cares about their reputation, especially after the barstool fiasco, and they spend a ton on marketing.

punisherind

Foundation Member
so what did you end up doing? did you request the $499? if you did not, i would not request it at this time.

this makes me so angry. its bad enough they are lying about no longer taking aus players, but on top of that they are going to steal your winnings from the last 2 years?! even if they were leaving aus, all those winnings were earned while they were doing business in aus.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
totally fucked. you need to post all of this on sbr forum and file a complaint.

i think they can actually help you here. mybookie cares about their reputation, especially after the barstool fiasco, and they spend a ton on marketing.

Thanks, I will.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
so what did you end up doing? did you request the $499? if you did not, i would not request it at this time.

this makes me so angry. its bad enough they are lying about no longer taking aus players, but on top of that they are going to steal your winnings from the last 2 years?! even if they were leaving aus, all those winnings were earned while they were doing business in aus.

Yep, I thought the same.

upload_2019-10-6_11-42-36.png

Will

Administrator
Staff member
That sinking feeling when the "supervisor" has worse english than the previous employee you speak to.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Ok i have filed my SBR complaint form. I will make a thread when they verify my account.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Egads, I didn't want to read all this earlier during the card, but that is outrageous. In this case, SBR might be able to help you unlike with me and 1xbit since MyBookie does do business in both the North American and I presume international markets and sponsors podcasts and advertises widely. I really hope they try to help you.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
SBR post made. Hoping to get some traction. This feels like a blatant rip off / selective scamming to me.
I dont know how MYB can deny it.

I am also calling MYB tomorrow by phone. Hopefully i can talk to someone with some sense.