Odds and Ends to comfort the gamblers

opinionator

i get a fair amount of value from tuff_fish. the way he goes from laughing to apoplectic in the same breath. 'hahahaha SON OF A GOD DAMN BITCH NOW IM MAD'

opinionator

there's a good hour or so of tuff_fish material on youtube. use it wisely. he has his own appreciation thread on 2+2

Will

Administrator
Staff member
I also get a fair amount of value from ancient philosophy. The stoics are really on the ball and this guy makes them very digestible. Kind of overlaps with Tommy Angelo's mindfulness stuff, though I think he's more into Buddha.

Would Marcus Aurelius cry about a few bad beats?

Gotta say box. I am 1:19 into this video and I want to punch this guy in the head...

BoxScout

Gotta say box. I am 1:19 into this video and I want to punch this guy in the head...

The intro is a bit cumbersome but I like the way he puts Marcus into perspective. How a guy with unlimited power was all about demanding the most from himself, correcting his own behavior and so on, and not letting the outside world affect him. If the prof rubs you the wrong way, it is what it is. But, the subjects are the the originators of mindfulness and a lot of the stuff people like Angelo talk about, at least in the west. To me, they have it down as far as rooting out irrational, emotion driven thinking. But it's certainly not for everyone.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
I had to point out the irony of my visceral reaction considering the subject matter.
I will give it another shot. I am definitely interested.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Lol cheese... This guy... Gotta be trolling.

" If you hook up with a single mum you can give up the kid for adoption and get 25k. "

But the deadpan way he delivers it makes me think he might be serious????

Beelzebubzy

Anybody watching Billions on Showtime with the ginger from homeland, my girl Malin (whose face is now fat) and Paul Giammati?

I am two episodes in. The downside I have is that the Ging and Paul are both Whisper Talkers. I need to have my soundbar on just to hear this tools speak.

Napes21

Have it on my dvr but haven't watched it yet. My boy from college is a grip who was working on that show. They actually shot a couple scenes by my office so I stopped by the set one day but the stars had already taken off.

punisherind

Foundation Member
Anybody watching Billions on Showtime with the ginger from homeland, my girl Malin (whose face is now fat) and Paul Giammati?

I am two episodes in. The downside I have is that the Ging and Paul are both Whisper Talkers. I need to have my soundbar on just to hear this tools speak.
been watching. so far so good. goddamn whisperers, i have to watch with close captioning.

ezflyer

fitting for the thread

ezflyer