News - May

Will

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/4/8547845/manager-jon-jones-may-never-return-to-mma

Kawa would not be specific as to why Jones would not come back, saying only that it is his decision and his decision alone.

"What I can just tell you and you guys can read between the lines is that I think every athlete comes to a point and it's not just Jon Jones," Kawa said. "I've had other guys when they look in the mirror one day, they realize that a lot of it maybe is just sometimes too much. It's just too much. If you don't fight a guy on seven days notice, you're trash. If you stop a mugger, you're a great guy, thanks so much. Now you're the new world champion, you have to do all these interviews. There's so much that goes into it. It's not just him, that's what I'm trying to tell you. You see it with GSP, you see it with Anderson."

Kawa added: "If he ever doesn't come back to the sport, it's because he doesn't want to come back to the sport. If it was because of too much pressure? Could be. If it's because of the belt? Could be. If it's because the competition is too much, it could be. Whatever he decides is the reason why he won't come back to the sport, but it'll be solely on him. I'm not gonna blame anything or anyone for anything Jon Jones does. And no one, at the same token, can take credit for anything Jon Jones does. Everything that's Jon Jones' is Jon Jones'. The good, the bad and the ugly.

"If this is the last time we've ever seen him fight and it very well may be, then it's because of a decision he's decided to make. It won't be because of something you guys are perceiving to be a problem. It won't be because of any of the negative headlines of the positive things he's done. It's just because he feels he's had it. Maybe that's it."

OnTheO

It's his old lady. She's tired of his shit. He's gotta convince her that this time, he really is a changed man. It's not the drugs or the poor decisions - it's the fame, the fighting.

Wilbo86

Henderson vs Boetsch booked for FN Nola potentially lat chance to fade Henderson's chin. No joke cap a boetsch KO between 70 and 85%

Mirinquads

Staff member
Ofcourse Jones will fight, what else is he gonna do, Basketball?

Gonna fund that Coco habit somehow. Also Jones should upgrade his bissh like JDS did.

ezflyer

Henderson vs Boetsch booked for FN Nola potentially lat chance to fade Henderson's chin. No joke cap a boetsch KO between 70 and 85%

i can't get on board w/those #'s, but boetsch might have value if a dog, def

ezflyer

Ofcourse Jones will fight, what else is he gonna do, Basketball?

Gonna fund that Coco habit somehow. Also Jones should upgrade his bissh like JDS did.

wowwww. w/the reach of what, a 6'11 guy or 7' guy, and 6'4.. wowwww. tho i guess it was barely a running start, to be fair.. i could never dunk, tho, hehe, so not one to talk. i could easily hit the rim all the back to even middleschool, but i could never get over it to dunk

ezflyer

it's a main event..??

Wilbo86

I'm very curious to hear how you think this fight plays out then.

I'd say its pretty unlikely Henderson makes it out of the first round. Mousasi paying 1.30 was one of the biggest bets I've ever made but even I was surprised with the glancing cross or hook or whatever it was that put him down, i respect mousasi striking but he isnt know for his power. He's 44, his chin is completely gone. Not to mention his body looks like its siezing up, he fights so stiff, almost can't thrown a leg kick any more (not that he ever wants to) and I doubt land a takedown (when was the last time he did? Maybe against shogun). Not trying to hate on him, thats just how I see it.

Boetsch is nothing amazing, and looks like a guy straight out of a mid west gang bang video but the one thing he does have is power. Knocked out Tavares who's young and does have a chin, and had leities concussed multiple times in that first round.

If I'm the only one seeing this as a complete squash I'll be willing to take another look at it and reevaluate.

Wilbo86

In terms of how it plays out he has to land his right. Stating the obvious, I know... Otherwise its however boetsch wants to win IMO.