Movie thread!

ezflyer

Ain't nobody got time for that s***!

Mirinquads

Staff member
Brother in law told me it dragged on too much, he wasn't impressed

I was gonna say something about him being a scatterbrained retard, but nah he's actually correct, it's sort of long, but I don't think it's a detriment at all.

ezflyer

Kingsman 2 - fun.. 8/10.. not as good as first, but fun

Star wars 8(9?) - fine.. decent I guess.. 7/10

Mirinquads

Staff member
Star Wars: SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Not gonna lie, humour was a bit much in places (Except luke drinking that milk, that was great) - A lot of the film seemed to be centered around failure (Finn not getting anything done, then getting captured - Most of the retreat generally getting a lot of people killed) - Rey finding out her parents was just losers, etc etc. - Through struggled you get stronger sort of deal.
I thought Mark Hamil was excellent as ragged Luke, and I actually like Kylo as well - A lot of struggle and duality in his character (Even though everyone seems to hate him)
Would have liked to see Snoke fleshed out a bit more though, who was he, how did he ascent to power and so on.. Seemed to be build up a lot in the previous film.
The sacrifice scene was great and very emotional, except it had seemed abit smarter to just tell him about the plan, no?
Del Toros character was great - He was the grey middleground. "Whatever, two more factions will come a long and kill each other at some point, it doesnt matter" - which is kind of true, looking at the Star Wars universe.
Film was too jumbled and tried to do too much, and didn't tie up loose ends - but people has made it a religion the hate new Star Wars movies ( Okay okay, the prequals sucked, i agree) - This was an interesting take though - 7,5/10
Oh and the fight scene against the Royal Guards was fucking amazing, a long with the last one on the salt planet.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Last edited by a moderator:

ezflyer

Star Wars:

Not gonna lie, humour was a bit much in places (Except luke drinking that milk, that was great) - A lot of the film seemed to be centered around failure (Finn not getting anything done, then getting captured - Most of the retreat generally getting a lot of people killed) - Rey finding out her parents was just losers, etc etc. - Through struggled you get stronger sort of deal.
I thought Mark Hamil was excellent as ragged Luke, and I actually like Kylo as well - A lot of struggle and duality in his character (Even though everyone seems to hate him)
Would have liked to see Snoke fleshed out a bit more though, who was he, how did he ascent to power and so on.. Seemed to be build up a lot in the previous film.
The sacrifice scene was great and very emotional, except it had seemed abit smarter to just tell him about the plan, no?
Del Toros character was great - He was the grey middleground. "Whatever, two more factions will come a long and kill each other at some point, it doesnt matter" - which is kind of true, looking at the Star Wars universe.
Film was too jumbled and tried to do too much, and didn't tie up loose ends - but people has made it a religion the hate new Star Wars movies ( Okay okay, the prequals sucked, i agree) - This was an interesting take though - 7,5/10
Oh and the fight scene against the Royal Guards was fucking amazing, a long with the last one on the salt planet.

Ahhh I wanna respond but should we be careful about spoilers?

Mirinquads

Staff member
I will write spoilers on top

ezflyer

Star Wars: SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

the bit that bothered me the most was how easily snoke went down.. it leaves so much unanswered. he was obviously around before/during all the other movies, right? so who was he? cause it seemed obvious that he was sidious' mentor (plagueis (spelling)) -- i hope he's not done cause we need answers lol.

the finn storyline and the AWFUL asian chick was POINTLESS and terrible. i hated her guts.

best parts were rey + kylo. which is a good idea for the movie, cause they're the two key chars of the trilogy obviously.

mark hamill was good, i agree. carrie fischer wooden as fuck imo.

del toro was great i agree but he's too big of an actor for this role.. if that makes sense.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Director changes from first one to this one, so i think he kinda tried to erase the whole Snoke mystery.. It for sure wasn't Sidious mentor, as Sidious killed him, and he was an alien with a different looking head from Snoke. Maybe Snoke isn't dead, and it was just an illusion? We will see - not sure if its the same director for the next one.

It did suck a bit that they killed off some of the mystery of the last film, seem to be little places to go from now on, but lets see what they can do with the new one. I think the Kylo / Rey thing is interesting still

Vaughany

the bit that bothered me the most was how easily snoke went down.. it leaves so much unanswered. he was obviously around before/during all the other movies, right? so who was he? cause it seemed obvious that he was sidious' mentor (plagueis (spelling)) -- i hope he's not done cause we need answers lol.

the finn storyline and the AWFUL asian chick was POINTLESS and terrible. i hated her guts.

best parts were rey + kylo. which is a good idea for the movie, cause they're the two key chars of the trilogy obviously.

mark hamill was good, i agree. carrie fischer wooden as fuck imo.

del toro was great i agree but he's too big of an actor for this role.. if that makes sense.

God ye that Gook was annoying as hell! Beyond awful