March MMA News

Napes21

Manila Card:

Magny v. Huge Guy Lim

Mousasi v. Costa

Wilbo86

Moose about to make me some more money I think, but will wait to see the odds.

Magney vs Huge guy to find out which MW performs better at WW

PSUMike

Mousasi should kill Costa where ever the fight plays out I think. I'm thinking that one will be completely unplayable.

I hate the Magny/Lim fight. I like Neil a lot but Lim is a really bad match up for him. And calling Neil a MW is fairly off base. Lim is a completely massive WW, likely the biggest thinking about it. But Neil is very thin. He's probably not cutting from much more than 185.

ezflyer

Manila Card:

Magny v. Huge Guy Lim

Mousasi v. Costa

sweeeet.. lmao @ huge guy lim, haven't heard that before. is that main event? gotta favor magny in 5 rounds, i guess?

ezflyer

Mousasi should kill Costa where ever the fight plays out I think. I'm thinking that one will be completely unplayable.

I hate the Magny/Lim fight. I like Neil a lot but Lim is a really bad match up for him. And calling Neil a MW is fairly off base. Lim is a completely massive WW, likely the biggest thinking about it. But Neil is very thin. He's probably not cutting from much more than 185.

yea, but i'd say he's a big 170, even tho he doesn't cut that much -- and i know obviously "big" means weight, but the guy's 6'2.. has the reach of what, a 7 footer or something? definitley consider him big for 170, and lim won't be looking to grapple, anyway, so the height/reach may play a big factor

ezflyer

PSUMike

I have to ask, what's Costa's avenue to victory? How is he gonna win against Mousasi? I don't see any clear path for him. He's an inferior grappler in every sense of the word and Mousasi seems to have better hands, the one area where Costa excels.

ezflyer

he might have more power. might be physically stronger. (just answering, i'm obviously picking moose)

bum

Certainly think Mousasi wins which is why I predict -250/-275.

Costa's stand up is clearly his path to victory. Keep it standing, which is why above I suggested Mousasi should work grappling/TDs, why chance stand up even if Mousasi is better. It's Costa's only path to victory.

Costa trains with LaFlare right? I'd assume his TDD is greatly improved since it was exposed against Carmont.

PSUMike

LaFlare isn't exactly a great wrestler. Effective but not that good. Maia will expose this at a later date but back on topic. Plus Costa is at Serra Longo while LaFlare is at Bombsquad unless I missed something.

I hate the "Well fighter X trains with fighter Y so his skill Z should be great" mentality. It seldom works. Carlos Condit trains with GSP. He should have a great sprawl right?

Mirinquads

Staff member
Pssst, private please.

Lethargic Moose loses a dec btw.

Vaughany

LaFlare isn't exactly a great wrestler. Effective but not that good. Maia will expose this at a later date but back on topic. Plus Costa is at Serra Longo while LaFlare is at Bombsquad unless I missed something.

I hate the "Well fighter X trains with fighter Y so his skill Z should be great" mentality. It seldom works. Carlos Condit trains with GSP. He should have a great sprawl right?
Costa left Serra Longo mid 2013 - he is under the Bellmore Kickboxing banner now (so yeah with Menace Bermudez and LaFlare who are also at Bellmore and Long Island MMA - not been with Bombsquad in a while as far as im aware) - allegedly not at Serra Longo due to Weidman. Costa doesnt really train with LaFlare much tho, LaFlare and Bermudez have actually been at Blackzilians training recently

Last edited:

bum

There's always many variables to consider, but to ignore who a fighter trains with seems flawed to me.

Mirinquads

Staff member

How do you cap this fight?

Wilbo86

Look at that vein. Her right arm looks like my penis.

Also don't get the joke, someone give me the back story?