Let's play some Gaimz

Mirinquads

Staff member
Thread for discussion of video games, board games and all that good nerd shit. I know a lot of you are mature and have these "responsibilities" and such, but I'm sure some of you play some games right?

I can warmly recommend Ori and The Blind Forest. Plantformish adventure game with some really interesting graphics. Does help a lot to throw it on a projector and take some psychedelics, also something I can recommend!

Playing a bit of CSGO, Dota 2 and Heartstone, time is sparse recently though. Any of you play these?

Thread for discussion of video games, board games and all that good nerd shit. I know a lot of you are mature and have these "responsibilities" and such, but I'm sure some of you play some games right?

I can warmly recommend Ori and The Blind Forest. Plantformish adventure game with some really interesting graphics. Does help a lot to throw it on a projector and take some psychedelics, also something I can recommend!

Playing a bit of CSGO, Dota 2 and Heartstone, time is sparse recently though. Any of you play these?

Speak for yourself.

Currently playing, on and off: Demon's Souls, Bioshock Infinite, Fallout: New Vegas. Pretty uninterested in gaming currently, though I'm pretty cyclical in that regard.

Ori had a great aesthetic but I thought the gameplay was pretty ass and uninspired.

ezflyer

Speak for yourself.

Currently playing, on and off: Demon's Souls, Bioshock Infinite, Fallout: New Vegas. Pretty uninterested in gaming currently, though I'm pretty cyclical in that regard.

Ori had a great aesthetic but I thought the gameplay was pretty ass and uninspired.

how's demon's souls holding up? i tried it when it was first out and didn't "get" it -- since then, i did almost EVERYTHING you can do in DS1, DS2, and am currently 20 hours into bloodborne

ezflyer

i'm interested in ORI, too, tho i don't have an xbone. just ps4. i know it's apparently out for pc, but it's also coming to 360 soon, too, i hear? so maybe i'll get it for that? i doubt the graphics would look all that different... it's really pretty, but idk if it's that tough for 360 etc?

i love me some metroid-vania games, tho. i'm actually playing symphony of the night on my vita presently :) (for the 200th time)

how's demon's souls holding up? i tried it when it was first out and didn't "get" it -- since then, i did almost EVERYTHING you can do in DS1, DS2, and am currently 20 hours into bloodborne

Demon's Souls is a lot more sadistic than DaS or DaS2. It has the single most annoying enemies I've ever encountered in a Souls game; remember the Bonewheel Skeletons? There's versions of those that have more HP, a sword, can roll infinitely, at will, and change direction while they're rolling, and rolling into you does as much damage as you'd expect. At one point you have to fight three at once, and there are powered up versions with glowing eyes. Annoying as fuck.

ezflyer

How's it hold up, tho? Graphically, gameplay wise, etc?

Graphically it's close enough that I can play it without it feeling like outdated, gameplay has gotten better as the series goes on, though they all have great combat. The enemies and atmospheres in DeS feel more inventive than DaS. Great atmosphere, too; overwhelming and a lot more supernatural-feeling than DaS.

ezflyer

Thx :) maybe I'll try it after bloodborne

Mirinquads

Staff member
i'm interested in ORI, too, tho i don't have an xbone. just ps4. i know it's apparently out for pc, but it's also coming to 360 soon, too, i hear? so maybe i'll get it for that? i doubt the graphics would look all that different... it's really pretty, but idk if it's that tough for 360 etc?

i love me some metroid-vania games, tho. i'm actually playing symphony of the night on my vita presently :) (for the 200th time)

It's out on computer as well.

Anyone like RPGs? If so, go play Shadowrun Returns. Lovely cyberpunk, genre you rarely see in RPG form.

ezflyer

Did you get any further?
Yep.. Dude vicar took me 40+ tries. I was so frustrated lol.

I can go left to a new area now or right ... Like both directions from the vicar room

Also I did the password to door thing.. Opened that door (didn't go in)

And lastly I'm almost done old yarnam ... I got everythung there.. About to fight the jerk who shoots Gatling gun

ezflyer

It's out on computer as well.

Anyone like RPGs? If so, go play Shadowrun Returns. Lovely cyberpunk, genre you rarely see in RPG form.
The PC one? Kick starter? Didn't like it :/

Divinity original sin was great tho, of that genre

Mirinquads

Staff member
For serious? Thought it was amazing. Then again I love RPGs and Cyberpunk stuff, so it barely could be a miss. Story in the chapter about the dragon was sick. Then again, you have to have patience with it, really sit down and read everything, not for everyone i suppose.

marzwoody

I feel bad for you ez without online... i couden't beat most of the bosses i think without co-op. or atleast don't have the patience to try that many times.

The gatling gun dude is annoying.. your best bet is to knock him off the edge. :p

ezflyer

For serious? Thought it was amazing. Then again I love RPGs and Cyberpunk stuff, so it barely could be a miss. Story in the chapter about the dragon was sick. Then again, you have to have patience with it, really sit down and read everything, not for everyone i suppose.

Yea, I can't read the long blocks of text anymore :( need voice acting... Kinda sad

ezflyer

I feel bad for you ez without online... i couden't beat most of the bosses i think without co-op. or atleast don't have the patience to try that many times.

The gatling gun dude is annoying.. your best bet is to knock him off the edge. :p

Yep.. So a couple things. After Doin a lot of research, most people kill vicar Amelia WAAAAAAY later in the game. In fact, some kill vids I watched said "don't don't early, its basically impossible"

Well I did it! After 43 deaths or whatever, lol. Was sooooo hard.

Yep I took out Gatling gun guy easily.. U rushed him after ladder, knocked him off ledge, lol :)

Opened new shortcut deep in, so going well :)

Oh and: rifle spear rules.. 2handed R2 charge atk is amazing

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
Postman delivers Mario Party 10, and steam downloads GTAV for me today, and I'm so far behind on work I'm not going to have time to play them for at least 2 weeks!

ezflyer

gtaV hit PC?

nice. game's pretty amazing. i'm like 60% done it, but working on bloodborne still

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
Yeah, think it becomes playable tomorrow? Steam let's you download stuff early. Love the PC versions, the mod community is so great.

ezflyer

yea, no doubt. i am enjoying it on ps4 tho, not gonna rebuy it i don't think