Karate Combat Official News & Betting Thread

mmaed

Trying to figure out what the rules are. Anyone watched these before? I've only seen clips. I was assuming it was all standup but IIRC there are some throws or something like that.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Trying to figure out what the rules are. Anyone watched these before? I've only seen clips. I was assuming it was all standup but IIRC there are some throws or something like that.
Three 3-minute rounds or five 3-minute rounds for title fights. They've modified the rules a couple of times by fan vote but it's largely punches, kicks above the waist and below the knees allowed, plus knee strikes were added recently. Takedowns from above the waist clinches or throws are allowed and then ground & pound used to be allowed for only five seconds. They modified that to allow for ground & pound as long as it is active by referee discretion. Fighters have to be up off of one knee at least to ground & pound, not fully down or mounted on top of the grounded opponent if I recall correctly. The slopes of the pit are not counted as down by the way.

mmaed

Three 3-minute rounds or five 3-minute rounds for title fights. They've modified the rules a couple of times by fan vote but it's largely punches, kicks above the waist and below the knees allowed, plus knee strikes were added recently. Takedowns from above the waist clinches or throws are allowed and then ground & pound used to be allowed for only five seconds. They modified that to allow for ground & pound as long as it is active by referee discretion. Fighters have to be up off of one knee at least to ground & pound, not fully down or mounted on top of the grounded opponent if I recall correctly. The slopes of the pit are not counted as down by the way.
Okay. Tough to call.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Rockhold did well to come back after getting his nose broken, dropping Schilling with a great punch for a knockout. Glad I passed, as I would have bet Schilling as an underdog.