General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2021

BT

I dont get this. In America people would probably get pretty angry about that. Australians aren’t pissed in general or what? What is the general sentiment?
That would be severe riots here in the States at the very least, no doubt. Good chance ppl would be shooting each other over it. Scary stuff when it escalates to the Army getting involved, imo.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
I dont get this. In America people would probably get pretty angry about that. Australians aren’t pissed in general or what? What is the general sentiment?

Missed this sorry. Honestly seems split. There's an old school roman saying
"give them bread and circus and the people will never revolt".
People out of work due to covid are getting free $750AUD a week and we still have our major sports.

In addition to this the media and government are going extremely hard on the fear side every day. People are scared.

Due to this a lot of people are pro lockdowns. Not me though. Its been nearly 2 years of this rubbish. Let me out.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Missed this sorry. Honestly seems split. There's an old school roman saying
"give them bread and circus and the people will never revolt".
People out of work due to covid are getting free $750AUD a week and we still have our major sports.

In addition to this the media and government are going extremely hard on the fear side every day. People are scared.

Due to this a lot of people are pro lockdowns. Not me though. Its been nearly 2 years of this rubbish. Let me out.

Australia seems to be turning into an authoritarian state