General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

punisherind

Foundation Member
ngannou vs overeem ends itd +110 seems good. 3 rounds, stand and bang mode (no ground fighting)
lol somehow this lost. watched a little bit of the stream. apparently they dont actually "stand and bang" as in throwing haymakers for 15 minutes lol. i never played the game so that was misleading for me. the gist of this stand and bang mode is they dont fight on the ground ever. grappling skills are irrelevant. if someone gets dropped from a strike, the guy cant follow with ground and pound. but other than that, they still use technical striking.

so i'm thinking if reem and ngonnou didnt end in a finish, there may be value on the GTD's. werdum-cain also went the distance. there were some finishes however. max holloway startched out conor hahaha.

for tonight i'm taking these:

cejudo-dodson gtd -160

tate-zingano gtd +110 (how is reem-ngannou -140 to gtd but this chick fight is +110?? what am i missing?)

joanna-karolina gtd -150

mighty mouse-dominick gtd -140

gsp-nick diaz gtd -140

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Pun, How do you watch the live stream? Is there a delay in the stream ?

punisherind

Foundation Member
Pun, How do you watch the live stream? Is there a delay in the stream ?
The live stream plays on twitch and also on the myb's ufc 3 simulation page. The lines freeze after someone gets rocked, not before, so I'm led to believe theres no delay.

Fyi, i noticed the simulations are using "accelerated clock", so its like 3 minute rounds instead of 5. However, i dont know if they lose stamina and health at a greater rate than normal clock speed. I never played this game.

punisherind

Foundation Member
lol somehow this lost. watched a little bit of the stream. apparently they dont actually "stand and bang" as in throwing haymakers for 15 minutes lol. i never played the game so that was misleading for me. the gist of this stand and bang mode is they dont fight on the ground ever. grappling skills are irrelevant. if someone gets dropped from a strike, the guy cant follow with ground and pound. but other than that, they still use technical striking.

so i'm thinking if reem and ngonnou didnt end in a finish, there may be value on the GTD's. werdum-cain also went the distance. there were some finishes however. max holloway startched out conor hahaha.

for tonight i'm taking these:

cejudo-dodson gtd -160

tate-zingano gtd +110 (how is reem-ngannou -140 to gtd but this chick fight is +110?? what am i missing?)

joanna-karolina gtd -150

mighty mouse-dominick gtd -140

gsp-nick diaz gtd -140
Fwiw, these went 4-1 (cejudo-dodson ended itd, but the rest went the distance). Unfortunately i think they are adjusting the prices. yesterday most of the fights were -170 to -250 to gtd.

punisherind

Foundation Member
Un 41.5 live events in 2020 seems like free money. What, are they going to do an event every damn week from may 9th thru end of year?

JustBleedFan

Un 41.5 live events in 2020 seems like free money. What, are they going to do an event every damn week from may 9th thru end of year?
Yes, or potentially some Friday and Saturday cards back to back like they used to do for International Fight Week. They need to hit a certain number of cards to get the full amount from ESPN, so I think they will try to make up what they lost to hit the expected 42 cards one way or another.