Corona - How are you faring ?

Will

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve been drinking gin and playing fortnite with my mates nearly every night for the past 2 weeks straight.

I am devolving.

Beelzebubzy

How r u doing bubz? Baby and momma doin okay? Are you getting your recommended 8 hr sleep per night?
They are good. Released from the hospital on Wednesday. Thanks for asking.

Funny story related to NotLuca's birth and my first week of fatherhood
Fooking parking lot that I parked in on Monday, locked my key in the car. When I get AAA to come out, they unlock the car and all my keys are on my key ring except my car key. i go back to the office and tell them that my key is still missing. These fucks without their masks on want me to come into their two foot booth and search for the key. I convince my brother to drive up from Jersey, pick me up, take me to brooklyn to get my wife's car key and drive me back to Manhattan. this was the last night I was able to sleep.
I parked in that parking lot for three next days for free.

I think im averaging 3-4 hours of sleep a night. NotLuca was not sleeping in his bassinette or crib and only on my chest. So I had to stay awake and hold him there. We just got him to sleep in the bassinette on Saturday; but then on Sunday he had a choking incident while he was sleeping and my wife wanted us to stay awake while he slept. My wife is breastfeeding which is a fucking horrible schedule. Men have it too easy. Mrs Bubz now wants me to go to Jersey to pick up our dog because we dont have enough shit on our plate. My dog tore his meniscus and dog version of ACL in November and had surgery in December. We live on the fourth floor of our building. No elevator. Well my wife cant take him out; so I have to carry this fuck up and down the stairs for him to go shits. This was a Trump level tangent.

Thankfully, my wife gets 8 weeks of paid disability leave and then another 8 of maternity leave. My company offers nothing.

The only day I have worked out since NotLuca has been born was last tuesday when I took an FTP test for cycling. I was expecting an 8 percent increase but I bombed it and had a 1% decrease. This fook ruined all my quarantine gainz.

As you can tell with the tangent writing, i am sleep deprived.

End Rant.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
The first 3 years was the roughest for me. My wife at the time would not get up for our son in the middle of the night. So i was burning the candle at both ends. Walking zombie. Really really rough.

You will get through it all.

There is a book called save our sleep which was recommended to me. It was a game changer of getting him into a routine.

I recommend getting on it early.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Something happen ?
Most states in Australia are re opening 1st of June to a high degree.

Beelzebubzy

A black man was murdered by a white cop here in America on video.
Riots are occurring across the country in major cities.
Aka lots of people around each other probably spreading covid.

BT

Something happen ?
Most states in Australia are re opening 1st of June to a high degree.
Shit is nuts over here rn. Some cop knelt on a black dude's neck until he basically slowly choked him to death and they caught the whole thing on camera. Ppl are burning shit and fucking up cop cars all over the country. Bubz makes a good point everyone is right on top of each other, just crazy, crazy stuff.

BT

I'm ready to burn this bitch down. Fxk the system
Yeah that was fucking disgusting what that cop did. I know most ppl probably don't know Rochester, NY except maybe @punisherind and @Beelzebubzy but it's a small city here in Upstate NY and ppl from the Roc are known for being nuts bruh. They broke into the zoo over there and let the animals out. There was literally a lion roaming the streets last night! It's going going down rn. I want to burn some shit too, it's hard not to when you watch that vid. Never stops in this country and Trump is making everything worse, as usual.

Beelzebubzy

i live in park slope in Brooklyn. My building is next to Chuck Schumer’s home so I’m either super safe or super fucked.

The video of NYPD driving through the crowd is like 5 blocks from me.

I’m starting to get uneasy about this whole mess. I’ve been in the epicenter of this crazy 2020 all year.
I’m thinking of moving to the burbs. I can get a place on a golf course for like 300k in Florida. Might just do it and ride out this work from home.

BT

i live in park slope in Brooklyn. My building is next to Chuck Schumer’s home so I’m either super safe or super fucked.

I’m starting to get uneasy about this whole mess. I’ve been in the epicenter of this crazy 2020 all year.
I’m thinking of moving to the burbs. I can get a place on a golf course for like 300k in Florida. Might just do it and ride out this work from home.
I was just thinking about the crazy stories you'll have for your kid when he gets older. This is like the weirdest time in recent history and he was born right in the middle of it. Like "Yeah you were born during the whole Corona Pandemic plus the cops killed another unarmed black guy right after you were born so there were thousands of ppl rioting right outside our house. You saw a lot of shit when you were only a month old." Btw hope Bubz Jr and Mrs. Bubz are all good. I'm assuming not much sleep in the house atm w/ the baby and all.

punisherind

Foundation Member

If your employer lets you work from home then you should 100% move somewhere like florida with low cost of living and NO state income tax. Start thinking about it seriously because it will be easier now, before the baby starts school in 4 years.

Beelzebubzy

If your employer lets you work from home then you should 100% move somewhere like florida with low cost of living and NO state income tax. Start thinking about it seriously because it will be easier now, before the baby starts school in 4 years.
I can only work from home during this pandemic. My wife works for a huge insurance firm. They are more liberal with their work from home policy however they have been downsizing since 2009

We will eventually move to Florida. But where we will move is not really a city like area where we can get jobs easily or for near what we make here. Also I have family stuff here that I need to attend to. New York guinea that I am.

My best friend lives in Houston where making 130k here is the equivalent to 50k there. Crazy.

punisherind

Foundation Member
I can only work from home during this pandemic. My wife works for a huge insurance firm. They are more liberal with their work from home policy however they have been downsizing since 2009

We will eventually move to Florida. But where we will move is not really a city like area where we can get jobs easily or for near what we make here. Also I have family stuff here that I need to attend to. New York guinea that I am.

My best friend lives in Houston where making 130k here is the equivalent to 50k there. Crazy.
Yea, you cant really compare salary unless you also compare cost of living. It generally balances out. But the ideal situation is finding a job with a nyc company that lets you work remotely. You get the ny salary with the florida cost of living. Or a national company.

Family always complicates stuff lol. I was hoping my parents would follow us to florida but they're stubborn and old school. They dont want to leave their friends and their comfort zone.

Beelzebubzy

Yeah that’s the tricky part of moving out of nyc.
Yeah we can survive on a lesser salary since cost will be cheaper. But I don’t even know what kinds of job we would get down there. If my wife’s still at her company by December, the odds of us just buying a place there will increase greatly.
Who the fuck knows what the economy/ world is going to be like post covid