Comics

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
Man, I've been trying to get back into comics for so many years, I was a huge huge fan in my early teens, and then decided I was too "grown up" for them.

But now, I pick em up and I feel like I can't remember how to read them, if that makes any sense. Like, when I was a kid it just flowed, now I'm like, how long do I look at the pictures? I find myself just reading the dialogue and not even looking. Odd, I know. It used to be like watching a movie, could lay in bed and read em for 8 hours. I miss it.

TheCalculator

now I'm like, how long do I look at the pictures? I find myself just reading the dialogue and not even looking.

This cracked me up cause I went through a similar thing. I have a good friend that's an artist and draws for a comic, so I keep reminding myself to "appreciate the art". And I try to slow myself down from just flying through the dialogue.

I just can't do any "kids shit". Fortunately, there's plenty of edgy options around.

What are you reading or tried reading that you would recommend?

Check out Saga if you haven't. It's epic.

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
Just been trying to get back into the books I liked as a kid. All the big Marvel books really.

TheCalculator

Just been trying to get back into the books I liked as a kid. All the big Marvel books really.

If you're into The Walking Dead, the "Zomnibus" is wild. Marvel characters become zombies.

If you want a good super hero comic with an edge Invincible is strong (Robert Kirkman Walking Dead guy). Took some issues to get into it, but it gets good.

Will

Administrator
Staff member

Dont read much comics now days. But i did enjoy them back in the day.

Darkness story line was great.

ezflyer

For whatever reason, comics never grabbed me. And this is coming from someone who played the following at comic stores growing up:
warhammer, necromunda, warzone and of course Magic

Mirinquads

Staff member
Where do you read this stuff at though? I have actually been wanting to look some stuff up, but have mostly stuck to mange like an autist, because it's so accessible in comparison

Apart from the actual comics obviously, but I have too much shit laying around already

TheCalculator

Comixology rocks (owned by Amazon)

I really like their guided view reader. You can use any device.

You won't have shit lying around.

Cheapest way to catch up is to buy Compendiums (big collections of previous issues). Those are usually print only.

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
Where do you read this stuff at though? I have actually been wanting to look some stuff up, but have mostly stuck to mange like an autist, because it's so accessible in comparison

Apart from the actual comics obviously, but I have too much shit laying around already

Mylar. You enter the series you want and it automatically downloads them as its released, they read them with any cbr reader.

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/1kk0tv/mylar_an_automated_comic_book_cbrcbz_downloader/

http://lifehacker.com/5943163/how-t...d-virtually-anything-as-soon-as-its-available