Boxing Thread!

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Ariel mentioned something on the Face 2 Face interview- this is Jake's first time fighting a southpaw in Anderson, fwiw.

lucky

I been playing Paul in all his fights. Took him early here. But this is his biggest test so far. Yet it's against an old man. I think Paul is juicing hard-core. So is Silva. But he is so fxkn old. Can't knock anyone for taking the dog at current odds. Bit I decided awhile back that I was riding the Paul money train until the wheels fall off

Last edited:

JustBleedFan

Staff member
then i suppose we need to consider boxing crooked decisions and wether they would give close rounds to anderson and risk their cash cow.
Who is "they"? The judges appointed by the Arizona Boxing Commision? Are they suppposedly on the take or you just think that they somehow feel pressure to side with the A side for some reason, perhaps in hopes that Jake brings another boxing event back to Arizona in the future?

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Who is "they"? The judges appointed by the Arizona Boxing Commision? Are they suppposedly on the take or you just think that they somehow feel pressure to side with the A side for some reason, perhaps in hopes that Jake brings another boxing event back to Arizona in the future?

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that boxing has more suspect decisions and nods to the promoters golden boy. I dont watch much boxing now so i cant speak from first hand viewing apart from the mcgreggor / mayweather bout and a couple of canelo bouts.

The fact they gave McGregor no rounds? He never had a hope of winning that decision.

While the boxing commission does pick the judges, the promoters are intertwined with the judges to a degree that I could see a conflict of interest appearing.

"
1. Last thought, on judging: Did you know that promoters pay travel, accommodations and fees for boxing judges? It’s true. State commissions dictate what a judge is to be paid, but the promoter pays it. And there are no rules against a promoter's bumping up the class of airfare for an out-of-state judge or putting them up in a five-star hotel. And judges, several promoters told SI, can make some uncomfortable requests, from asking promoters to buy plane tickets for family members to picking up the tab on expensive dinners.
"

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Anderson Silva (+205) vs Jake Paul $100.00 for $205.00
Anderson Silva (+193) vs Jake Paul $100.00 for $193.00
Anderson Silva wins by KO/TKO/DQ in round 5 to 6 (+1000) $10.00 for $100.00