Boxing Thread!

BT

On Valdez +260 against Berchelt on the 20th. I favor Berchelt but it seems like Valdez is getting a bit overlooked here. He's always in wars, he tends to fight to the level of his comp. Guys he should clearly beat, a lot of the time he lets them off the hook or fights when he should box, etc. That being said he stilll wins and he's a blood and guts fighter w/ a ton of heart and he's got pop and an ammy career to add experience and boxing iq that might help him a lot here.

I'm usually not super high on Valdez but in this spot I think he's the right play. He could easily show up and get buried but I think it's more likely this is a back and forth war and Valdez might even have some success boxing if he plays his cards right. Line is just to wide, imo. In it for 2.5u.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Same here @BT don't understand the line at all. - Valdez is an excellent fighter, agree with your analysis about his shortcomings though. I feel like he's the type that steps up when he knows there's a real challenge in front of him and i do believe he's a better boxer than Berchelt.
Ofcourse Berchelts power is extremely scary, but I feel like his style is a bit loose and his defense is lacks to throw with more power, where I think the smaller and tighter (no homo) Valdez might be able to capitalize in thos instances.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Mark Reyes Jr. (+400) vs Janelson Figueroa Bocachica $100.00 for $400.00
Not Janelson Figueroa Bocachica inside distance (+120) $50.00 for $60.00
Mark Reyes Jr. /Janelson Figueroa Bocachica goes distance (+170) $50.00 for $85.00

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Gavin Gwynne (+650) vs Sean McComb $100.00 for $650.00
Darren Tetley (+135) vs Samuel Antwi $100.00 for $135.00

BT

3.1u Valdez +259/303
2.5u Broner-Santiago un10.5 -102

I think AB is really in good shape and motivated for this one. I'm a Broner apologist but I really believe he shows up and puts a beating on Santiago here. Already mentioned why I love Valdez. GL boys.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Doesn't Broner just dance around, talk trash and "box" in recent bouts? I will be shocked if he actually goes for it for once instead of putting on a show and winning a decision.

Mirinquads

Staff member
BOOM baby

@BT solid night at the office.

That line was super off. It pays to be tight (no homo once again)

Thought Broner looked like shit though, still doesnt let his hands go

Last edited:

BT

BOOM baby

@BT solid night at the office.

That line was super off. It pays to be tight (no homo once again)

Thought Broner looked like shit though, still doesnt let his hands go
Yup AB looked like he always does, why do I think this motherfucker's ever gonna change? Meh anyway Valdez killed it tho, we were on that shit from the get go. Feels amazing tho, Valdez whooped that ass. That being said, that beating was legit concerning and the ko was fucking scary. He straight corked that motherfucker like a champagne bottle. Legendary.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
At what weight? Tarver was (not sure if anymore) considerably lighter than Mir

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Not Joseph Parker inside distance (+145) $50.00 for $72.50
Joseph Parker/Junior Fa Over 10½ (+100) $50.00 for $50.00

BT

Have the under Parker-Free Agent 10.5 -127 mostly for action 1.27u. Bigger play fading Dirrell took Davis +290 for a cpl units. Might be a waste but fading the Dirrell bros rn feels +ev idk.

BT

2.5u Bohachuk/Adams ov7.5 -157.
1u Adams +248

Have the unders on the other cpl fights on this card but not as confident. Adams is tough, went the distance w/ Jermall Charlo who is a fucking savage. I think he's a live dog as well, but if not I think he can take this deep, esp if he can not get his clock cleaned in the first 4rds or so.

Last edited: