Boxing Thread!

BT

Ugh terrible night for me. Wasn't very good with the ufc card either. Just missed the under on the Inoue fight but the other two plays were square af. There goes my lil run. Whatever. What a ko by Tank tho. KOTY no doubt, imo.

punisherind

Foundation Member
Ugh terrible night for me. Wasn't very good with the ufc card either. Just missed the under on the Inoue fight but the other two plays were square af. There goes my lil run. Whatever. What a ko by Tank tho. KOTY no doubt, imo.
Jesus that ko was nuts. Looked like it was heading comfortably to a decision and then bam. Live odds had LSC down to +150 from prematch odds of +500, so it was a very competitive fight until that sick ko.

Reactions: BT

JustBleedFan

Staff member
I thought it was pretty competitive and that LSC was going to do well in the second half of the fight, hence my live bet. But it's dangerous brawling with Tank and that uppercut was crazy.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Wondering how Usyk is gonna do against the big heavies after that, Chisora was kind of throwing him around at times

Mirinquads

Staff member
Was also on Leo, very hurty, but I think Tank is not that great of a boxer honestly. I hope they put him up agasint Loma or Lopez so we can fade

BT

Wondering how Usyk is gonna do against the big heavies after that, Chisora was kind of throwing him around at times
Same here. I think he'll have to box perfectly for a full 12 to beat the very top guys in the division. Shame cw isn't more respected, he was made for that weight class. Some really good fighters there as well but I guess he's done as much as possible there. Like you said, Del Boy looked too big for him in there at times, which is concerning considering Del Boy is a gate keeper w/ a lot of miles on him compared to the AJ's/Fury's/Wilder's etc. of the division.

Mirinquads

Staff member
I'm taking a shot at Gamboa here, youth is probably enough to win Haney the bout, but I really thing he's extremely overrated as a boxer, predictable, ridged, doesnt faint much, not the best positining, gets hit etc.. Gonna catch up to him at some point

BT

Not really loving anything tonight. Have 1u on the ov4.5 for the Luis Ortiz/Alex Flores fight at slight +money but don't love it by any means. Ortiz can be a slow starter and doesn't have a very high work rate, Flores not very good but maybe he can make it a lil deeper than that.

BT

Took a shit price on Andrew Moloney in his rematch against Franco. Got him at +15x and now he's up to +165 at the same spot I got him on bm a day later. I don't love this play to begin with since Franco ended up putting a pretty hellacious beating on him during the latter stages of their first fight but I do like it for 1 or 1.5u play b/c Moloney did show a ton of heart and stayed in there despite busted eardrums and a concussion or whatever else he was dealing with. He survived the deep waters w/ Franco (altho barely) and lost a close Dec.

All that said, Moloney lost a close ud and he got off to a quick start against a guy in Franco who seems to be a slow one. That'll be another chance to rack up some big early rds and maybe he can avoid the onslaught later from Franco w/ a little more grace this time. I like him as a dog here. Probably will up to this to a 1.5u play and leave it there.

All I got now for boxing, still looking at the Bud/Brook fight trying to figure out if I think Bud stops him or not. Been going back and forth w/ my brother on that one lately..

Mirinquads

Staff member
Have some plays spread across Crawford late finish. Think the fight has a lot of potential to look a lot like the Spence fight, where Brook looks sharp early and gives crawford trouble with his speed for the first halv, until Crawford enivitably adjusts, maybe switches stances and starts wearing Brooks down to the body and gets him out relatively late.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Sprinkling just a bit on the brooks ML as well. Crawford was getting HIT against the Kavaliauskas

punisherind

Foundation Member
Took a shit price on Andrew Moloney in his rematch against Franco. Got him at +15x and now he's up to +165 at the same spot I got him on bm a day later. I don't love this play to begin with since Franco ended up putting a pretty hellacious beating on him during the latter stages of their first fight but I do like it for 1 or 1.5u play b/c Moloney did show a ton of heart and stayed in there despite busted eardrums and a concussion or whatever else he was dealing with. He survived the deep waters w/ Franco (altho barely) and lost a close Dec.

All that said, Moloney lost a close ud and he got off to a quick start against a guy in Franco who seems to be a slow one. That'll be another chance to rack up some big early rds and maybe he can avoid the onslaught later from Franco w/ a little more grace this time. I like him as a dog here. Probably will up to this to a 1.5u play and leave it there.

All I got now for boxing, still looking at the Bud/Brook fight trying to figure out if I think Bud stops him or not. Been going back and forth w/ my brother on that one lately..
little sprinkle on maloney/franco goes to a draw.

BT

Aye if you guys can get Bud Crawford by Dec at a decent price, take that shit. I think me might ko kell in the first half, but if he doesn't this could be a rough fight and possibly and ugly fight as well w/ a lot of grappling and weighing their weight on each other. I could see this playing out mad boring, too. Idk I like Bud Dec or UD at anything close to +250, I'd prob even take 220 for a small bet, tbh.
So"

2u Bud Dec
1u Bud UD

Kell might get caught quick b/c he's more washed than we think, or he wilts late, but the outcome to play is Bud Dec, imo. I don't think Kell is gonna take a Dec or be on the right side of a stoppage in his career, esp a late one, so I think Bud takes the later rds no matter what. It's basically not who wins but how Bud wins, imo. I will sound like a fucking asshole if Kell proves me wrong, tho. Lol.

BT

They need to hurry up and get on w/ this shit. I also may or may not have chased another unit on Moloney b/c beer.