Boxing Thread!

BT

Had to drop a few units on Chocolatito over Yafai tonight. Yeah he's a bit washed but he's also only lost twice to a top flight fighter in Sor Rungvisai. He hasn't seemed to rush his comeback, he had a crushing stoppage over Fuentes not to long ago after that terrible ko loss he incurred against SRR in the rematch. So he most likely isn't the top 10 or 5 p4p guy he was in his prime but he can still be great when he's at his best, imo. Not ready to give up to him yet just b/c of a cpl losses to another great fighter in SRR.

I have to take Roman as a dog, on principal, against a talented but largely untested opponent in Yafai. Not trying to over think this one, Choco is a dog against a guy who hasn't seen the level of talent/skill that Roman can still bring out of himself. I gotta take that. And if Chocolatito does come out and look like his old near prime self then there's even more value on that line. But on the other side of things is if he is more washed than I anticipate or Yafai really looks like the next big (little) thing, then I'm staring down the barrel of another considerable loss here. That's why they call it gambling tho, gotta take another shot.

BT

Alright

.25u on Mikey-Vargas draw +2200
.5u Vargas +370

Don't love em but think Vargas puts up a good fight, he's tough, experienced, and bigger than Garcia. I'll take 3.5-1 or better for a flier. GL to whatever your plays are tonight, guys.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Roman Gonzalez (+157) vs Khalid Yafai $200.00 for $314.00
Roman Gonzalez (+145) vs Khalid Yafai $200.00 for $290.00

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Blind betting ShoBox underdogs and draws with everything else cancelled today:

Camilo Prieto (+3500) vs Brandun Lee $40.00 for $1,400.00
Camilo Prieto/Brandun Lee Draw (+12500) $10.00 for $1,250.00

Flavio Rodriguez (+625) vs Brian Norman Jr. $40.00 for $250.00
Flavio Rodriguez/Brian Norman Jr. Draw or Technical Draw (+2800) $15.00 for $420.00

Jose Angulo (+800) Alejandro Guerrero $40.00 for $320.00
Jose Angulo/Alejandro Guerrero Draw or Technical Draw (+2500) $15.00 for $375.00

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Stevenson body shot KO at 1:31 of round 6. Over by one second!
A major bookmaker astonishingly decided to grade this with their own ruling according to when Caraballo fell and the referee waved his arms at around 1:28 into the round (1:32 on the clock), not according to the official announced result which was KO at 1:31 of round 6. So my under was marked as a win, but this is some wacky grading and perhaps a disturbing precedent.

BT

A major bookmaker astonishingly decided to grade this with their own ruling according to when Caraballo fell and the referee waved his arms at around 1:28 into the round (1:32 on the clock), not according to the official announced result which was KO at 1:31 of round 6. So my under was marked as a win, but this is some wacky grading and perhaps a disturbing precedent.
I had the under, caught it at +125, that shit was so frustrating to watch. I understand what you mean tho, it almost seemed like a work, tbh. The under got hit so hard and the way the ref jumped in and stopped it right away. You almost never see that w/ body shots. Not saying it was set up it just looked weird, and the fact the book changed it is weird too. The problem was the under should've hit the way it played out. I knew there was a good chance that it wouldn't hit tho b/c the time keeper makes those dec's at the end of the day. My guess is that the PR dude made some gut wrenching noise when he went down and that's why dude stepped in so quick.

Last edited:

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Some degen action on Top Rank Boxing tonight:

Joshua Greer Jr. to win in rounds 7-8 (+1400) vs Mike Plania $20.00 for $280.00
Joshua Greer Jr. to win in rounds 9-10 (+2000) vs Mike Plania $20.00 for $400.00
Joshua Greer Jr. in round 9 (+3000) vs Mike Plania $10.00 for $300.00
Joshua Greer Jr. in round 10 (+4000) vs Mike Plania $10.00 for $400.00

BT

I have small plays on Plania and Santillan itd for .75 units apiece, +210 and +250 respectively. Not confident tho. I think Demarco's past it and might not succumb to the mileage he's taken on over the years. I think the Greer/Plania fight should be competitive so I took the dog. Thinking both of these should have some fun moments in them, so excited to have a possibly fun card on a Tuesday. Boxing finally being on every week again, I love it!

BT

Seems that both dogs had a lot of value there. Plania took the W w/ two kd's in the process of a Dec win. Didn't see most of the first fight but a lot of fans seem to think DeMarco should've gotten the win, too.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Seems that both dogs had a lot of value there. Plania took the W w/ two kd's in the process of a Dec win. Didn't see most of the first fight but a lot of fans seem to think DeMarco should've gotten the win, too.
DeMarco should have won 96-94, so it was a minor robbery. Plania was very impressive as a significant underdog- wish I bet him.

BT

1.5u Flores Jr by Dec -177. Not confident but want some action, don't love laying much juice on props but I still think there's a bit of value. Mostly degen play tho.