Boxing Thread!

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Well, I can't say that Anthony Mundine's physical shape or that stupid "haircut" is giving me any confidence in him!

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Haircut is normal for him, he is a goober.

agreed he didn’t look great. I assume part of that is the fact he fights at 72kg and this one is at 75kg. But still... I’m with you.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Ruiz +250 all day.

Never thought much of Joshua as a boxer. He cant hang on the inside at all with Ruiz, way too quick handspeed. What did teddy say about the fight?

punisherind

Foundation Member
If ruiz doesn't get the ko, will he be able to win a decision or will we get an eddie hearn special?

Personally leaning joshua decision +400. He took 4 of the 6 rounds on the cards last time (5 of 6 on one judge's card).

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Ruiz +250 all day.

Never thought much of Joshua as a boxer. He cant hang on the inside at all with Ruiz, way too quick handspeed. What did teddy say about the fight?

He said
- People forget that Ruiz got knocked down.
- Tactically ruiz looping punches, josh straight
- Redemption

Mirinquads

Staff member
He said
- People forget that Ruiz got knocked down.
- Tactically ruiz looping punches, josh straight
- Redemption

Something about being a fireman going into the fire also?

I think its a good narrative.. but value on Ruiz for me here. First fight was not a fluke, and im still kicking my selff to this day for talking the Ruiz bet up and not taking it. It was mostly the short notice that talked me off it for Ruiz, and he does not have that this time, mind you.

But lets see, Joshua probably will try and jab and keep him at bay, and he has a mean uppercut on the inside for sure.

And i for sure dont think Ruiz can win a decision, at least without several knockouts.

bjpenn85

Something about being a fireman going into the fire also?

I think its a good narrative.. but value on Ruiz for me here. First fight was not a fluke, and im still kicking my selff to this day for talking the Ruiz bet up and not taking it. It was mostly the short notice that talked me off it for Ruiz, and he does not have that this time, mind you.

But lets see, Joshua probably will try and jab and keep him at bay, and he has a mean uppercut on the inside for sure.

And i for sure dont think Ruiz can win a decision, at least without several knockouts.

factors in regards to a bet on Ruiz in the re-match:

- The element of suprise is gone
- He loses rounds when nothing happening, nothing happened 4/7 rounds
- Ruiz despite the fact he hurt AJ, let AJ back in the game
- AJ was hurt from round 3, hurt in a manner he never came back from, can one expect this luxury in a rematch?
- Ruiz seems to have the quicker hands, and well accustomed to fighter taller guys.
-About fighting taller guys: Ruiz is great at staying at his backfoot, outside of AJ range, but at the same time lunge in from the backfoot. He very often makes sure he moves his head waaaaay away from the center line to protect himself. He often uses double jabs to close the astronomical distance between him and AJ. So this guy is no slouch, he is used to fighter taller guys.
- Wakes up when he get hit, but can be frustrated and over commit.

Factors in regards to a bet on AJ:

- AJ jab, can probably just replicate most of the rounds and win a dec
- AJ has ring generalship, it looks like hes winning when nothing happening.
- AJ dropped Ruiz with several right hands which had so much power i question of Ruiz can survive the first rounds.
- AJ will have more respect for Ruiz in the re-match, he was dropped, rocked and lost the fight in close quarters.
- AJ might be more motivated and take out his full potential, although with so much at stake he might also be scared too loose and underperform.
- AJ has longer time for preparation, most likely Ruiz had the advantage of being short notice. If this is a style AJ dont handle this point is not valid. Then its simply a matter of style.
- AJ quit, he may be a mental midget.

I cap the fight at 55% for AJ and /44% for Ruiz.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
FWIW - I was listening to Joe Rogan talk to firaz on the podcast today and Rogan said he heard from an inside source that josh was ko’d very badly in training two weeks before the fight.

Might be nothing or something. Rumor mill

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Mundine is fighting now. Sounds close with an edge to parr.

If the fight goes to Desc and its close. Parr would most likely get it. There is a strong dislike for Mundine across the country.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, i read Mundine got deducted a point for punching him in the back of the head and got dropped. Bet is most likely dead. Parr desc was +500. I had hedged a wee little bit when Jim posted the weigh ins but not nearly enough to cover my exposure.
Ouch.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Should of hedged more after weigh ins. Punished for betting pre weigh ins. I never bet pre weigh ins for this exact reason. Gah. Sorry guys for those that tailed.

bjpenn85

FWIW - I was listening to Joe Rogan talk to firaz on the podcast today and Rogan said he heard from an inside source that josh was ko’d very badly in training two weeks before the fight.

I know, and thats probably why AJ was so badly hurt by that punch of Ruiz....so that changes the perspective on this fight. He probably fought injured most of the fight. He definitively didnt look well after round 3.

Mirinquads

Staff member

I heard something like that as well for sure. I also cap it closer to fiddy fiddy for the record.

Joshua decision could also be a play/hedge like Pun pointed out.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
John Riel Casimero/Zolani Tete goes distance (-155) $155.00 for $100.00

Anthony Cacace (+230) vs Sam Bowen $100.00 for $230.00
Anthony Cacace/Sam Bowen Over 10½ (-150) $150.00 for $100.00