Boxing Thread!

Mirinquads

Staff member
Triad Combat rules will be a hybrid of MMA and boxing, with the fighters being permitted to attack from the clinch and to throw strikes that would normally be banned in boxing such as standing hammerfists and spinning backfists. Fighters will also be allowed to stand on their opponent’s foot and throw strikes.

LOL @ standing on opponent's foot. i appreciate that they are trying to even the playing field, but are these hybrid rules giving mma fighters any type of advantage?

I think it would make a much much much larger difference if they had allowed elbows. That completely changes the clinch and defense.. Would actually be interesting to watch.
The food standing will likely only come into play in open stance matchups, but could be significant there..

And yes, i think if they allow clinching with one hand and doesnt break it, it could be interesting.. It's MMA gloves as far as I understand?

Don't think it saves the MMA fighters to get pasted, the ones against actual good boxers at least

Reactions: BT

BT

I think it would make a much much much larger difference if they had allowed elbows. That completely changes the clinch and defense.. Would actually be interesting to watch.
The food standing will likely only come into play in open stance matchups, but could be significant there..

And yes, i think if they allow clinching with one hand and doesnt break it, it could be interesting.. It's MMA gloves as far as I understand?

Don't think it saves the MMA fighters to get pasted, the ones against actual good boxers at least
Yeah that southpaw/orthodox matchup always has guys purposely standing on each other's feet all the time anyway. One of those things that's technically illegal in boxing but an old trick guys still play on each other to this day. Elbows would be cool af to add in a dirty boxing sense. I know guys used to have illegal shots in boxing that used the elbow but the mma guys would obv be much more fluid w/ elbows at least at first. The spinning backfist part is interesting too, since boxers wouldn't have any idea how to implement or even throw those at first.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Gonna try

Tzyu decision +300, small bet on Inonue +1100 - Tough bastard
Crawford rd 7-12 +350 and rd 10-12 +850

BT

Bet has to be Porter right? The books are holding our feet to the fire w/ all that fucking juice on Bud. Draw also might be promising. Fgtd, not on the over tho.

BT

Quigley/Andrade ov8.5 -145 and Andrade by any Dec +170. Just bet it not overthinking this. Andrade is a front runner. He might blow Quigs out quick but if he doesn't there's a very good chance he just disengages and cruises to a Dec. This guy is so frustrating to watch, hopefully he pulls the same shit as usual and the ov/Dec bets hit. Was thinking about a small play on Quigley but I just don't think he's good enough to take Andrade out. Andrade will never get a big fight if he keeps fucking up w/ these inferior opps tho.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Demetrious Andrade/Jason Quigley Over 8½ (-130) $130.00 for $100.00
Demetrious Andrade/Jason Quigley Over 8½ (-130) $130.00 for $100.00
Demetrius Andrade wins by KO/TKO/DQ in Round 7 (+1000) $10.00 for $100.00
Demetrius Andrade wins by KO/TKO/DQ in Round 8 (+1000) $10.00 for $100.00
Demetrius Andrade wins by KO/TKO/DQ in Round 9 (+1200) $10.00 for $120.00
Demetrious Andrade wins by KO/TKO/DQ in Round 7 to 9 (+285) $45.00 for $128.25
Demetrious Andrade wins by KO/TKO/DQ in Round 10 to 12 (+550) $45.00 for $247.50

Arroyo McWilliams (+650) vs Julio Cesar Martinez $100.00 for $650.00

Mirinquads

Staff member
Alim/Jikam Over 3½ -140 3 units
Akhmadaliev/Velazquez Over 4½ -130 3 units
Alimkhanuly Dec +600 .5 unitZ
Kanguel +800 1 unit

Crawford tko +250
Crawford 7-12 +350
Crawford 10-12 +810
2.5 units spread out

Last edited: