Boxing Thread!

BT

I dropped a cpl units on Usyk at +220 the other day. AJ prob wins esp on his home turf, but Usyk is one of the better pure boxers we've seen at hw in a pretty long time. However the guy is a cw and he's a bit small for the hw division whereas AJ is a beast and has actually had to drop weight to make it to his full potential.

It's a big size difference, AJ is an elite hw w/ a lot of power and has half decent boxing acumen as well. But at over 2-1 I think Usyk's line is off. He should be a dog but not this size of one imo. His boxing is beautiful, he's undefeated so he doesn't know what it feels like to lose. Usyk has a huge advantage in boxing iq, and even tho he's looked pretty average against guys like Del Boy, I think he's coming into his own at the higher weight and he's gonna be tough to hit in this fight while being a southpaw w/ a good stick on him (no sexual) against a guy who won't be hard to find from Usyk's pov.

I like that line and might even pick him to win straight up the more I keep thinking about it. Close Dec incoming, they're prob gonna give it to AJ but I think Usyk might take this in the fans' minds and maybe even pull off the upset on the cards, altho it will be a tough hill to get over for him.

Thoughts from anyone else here? I could always bet more haha.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
I dropped a cpl units on Usyk at +220 the other day. AJ prob wins esp on his home turf, but Usyk is one of the better pure boxers we've seen at hw in a pretty long time. However the guy is a cw and he's a bit small for the hw division whereas AJ is a beast and has actually had to drop weight to make it to his full potential.

It's a big size difference, AJ is an elite hw w/ a lot of power and has half decent boxing acumen as well. But at over 2-1 I think Usyk's line is off. He should be a dog but not this size of one imo. His boxing is beautiful, he's undefeated so he doesn't know what it feels like to lose. Usyk has a huge advantage in boxing iq, and even tho he's looked pretty average against guys like Del Boy, I think he's coming into his own at the higher weight and he's gonna be tough to hit in this fight while being a southpaw w/ a good stick on him (no sexual) against a guy who won't be hard to find from Usyk's pov.

I like that line and might even pick him to win straight up the more I keep thinking about it. Close Dec incoming, they're prob gonna give it to AJ but I think Usyk might take this in the fans' minds and maybe even pull off the upset on the cards, altho it will be a tough hill to get over for him.

Thoughts from anyone else here? I could always bet more haha.
After the adjustment AJ made vs Ruiz in the second fight and considering the size difference, I lean heavily towards Joshua. Might bet him if the price come in.

Reactions: BT

BT

After the adjustment AJ made vs Ruiz in the second fight and considering the size difference, I lean heavily towards Joshua. Might bet him if the price come in.
Yeah AJ's boxing ability has progressed very well, I just don't see him being able to use that against Usyk. Usyk will figure him out if AJ tries to come out and box and it would be in AJ's best interest to put the pressure on and be cautiously agressive, keeping Usyk backing up or trying to force him into a brawl, situations which AJ would be much better off in, imo. I don't think his boxing ability will come into play too much here. Usyk is too crafty to get caught in a trap by a guy like AJ w/ a lot less boxing knowledge than Usyk. That being said you never know.

Thanks for your response tho. I will prob keep my Usyk bets to a cpl units and not get ahead of myself, esp after last week, lol. That was embarrassing on my end.

Mirinquads

Staff member
I want to see the weighin. But yes, Usyk will trouble Joshua no doubt, though he has some habts that makes it a dangerous fights for him. - I didnt like his performance against Chesiora for one.
Will write something more tomorrow

Reactions: BT

Mirinquads

Staff member
Usyk has a bit of a problem not moving his head enough in exchanges, though his blocking with his arms are very solid.. I like his long guard, but he gets lazy with it at times, just floating it out there, this is for me probably his biggest flaw especially in this fight, as it will allow Joshua to land heavy straights, and contend him as well with his own long guard style and slight reach advantage.

I could be very tempted by an usyk play, but i would like north of +300. If youre quick you can get Usyk by decision for +800ish, just dropped abit on the line out of principle... I might just play fight goes long

BT

Usyk has a bit of a problem not moving his head enough in exchanges, though his blocking with his arms are very solid.. I like his long guard, but he gets lazy with it at times, just floating it out there, this is for me probably his biggest flaw especially in this fight, as it will allow Joshua to land heavy straights, and contend him as well with his own long guard style and slight reach advantage.

I could be very tempted by an usyk play, but i would like north of +300. If youre quick you can get Usyk by decision for +800ish, just dropped abit on the line out of principle... I might just play fight goes long
I'm gonna end up pretty heavy on the over as well. Think that's a solid line and will prob end up heavier on that than the Usyk ml play for me. I have a hard time seeing AJ blowing him out of the water and if he doesn't get it done in the first 6rds or so it's more than likely going the distance for me. Will be bigger on the over to be safe but will eventually play gtd too, even tho I haven't pulled the trigger on the latter quite yet.

Draw might be an interesting angle too.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Maliek Montgomery/Aleem Jumakhonov Under 8½ (+150) $100.00 for $150.00

Omar Juarez/Jairo Lopez Under 6½ (+110) $100.00 for $110.00

Mirinquads

Staff member
Wow, why so mad? Impressive reflexes tho

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Man, Plant has some balls calling Canelo a bitch and saying he's a drug cheat. Canelo also really did not like being called a motherfucker. Said don't talk about his mother. He's gonna punish Plant. They didn't translate all that Eddy Reynoso said in response to Plant's comments but there was a lot of *maricon* and *cabron* in there, lol. Canelo 10-9 for this presser.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Had to have some Brian Rose against old as Martinez