Bare Knuckle Boxing & MMA Official News & Betting Thread

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Leonard Garcia looks in the best shape of his career at 41 years old for this BKFC 16 main event, surprisingly.

JustBleedFan

Staff member

JustBleedFan

Staff member
In the 165 pound main event I like Leonard Garcia as a small underdog around +125, somehow in the best shape of his life at 41- maybe on the sauce- vs Joe Elmore. Elmore hits very hard and is fearless so he could potentially take Leonard out early with a big punch. But if not, and it goes past a round or two , I like Leonard and his volume down the stretch like he did to get the stoppage in round 2 over Julian Lane who also started fast. Especially in the shape he is in now. Leonard said he was in terrible condition in his last bout against Jim Alers. But he's had a long layoff and physical rehabilitation since then and said he has been training hard . Elmore also has a huge scar in his right eyebrow from his last fight not that long ago still visible at the weigh-in yesterday that could easily open up and stop the fight even if he wants to continue.

In the co-main event, I have to go with 5-1 BKFC veteran Reggie Barnett against 46 year old former pro boxing champion Chop Chop Corley at 135 pounds. Maybe the former WBO junior welterweight title holder can catch Barnett cold with a check hook or something like that. But if not I think he gets overwhelmed and stopped or loses a wide decision. The big age difference and Barnett's experience in bare knuckle with the best record in BKFC make him a must bet as a moderate -150 favorite.

In the feature bout at heavyweight, Bobby O'Bannon said he wasn't himself last fight. His opponent Arnold Adams has had a fairly long layoff but tends to fight on the back foot at times. Bobby is a former pro boxer with a come forward and aggressive style. He got caught in his last bout by hard hitting Sam Shewmaker by dropping his hands recklessly and said he wasn't going to make that mistake again. O'Bannon called Adams out repeatedly since Adams lost to former HW champion Chase Sherman. O'Bannon said he's confident he'll get the win. As a +160 underdog at heavyweight I like the value on O'Bannon this time.

In a 175 pound bout, I have to auto-fade Melvin Guillard on a more than ten fight winless streak vs any opponent where the odds are fairly close, in this case Scott O'Shaughnessy. Not a huge bet, but I'll take my chances against Melvin's chin versus a slightly younger and taller opponent.

I just think the odds are way too wide in this next 165 pound bout. Kaleb Harris has one of the greatest bare knuckle highlight reels with some very fast knockouts, but he's way too much of a favorite against a game opponent at +220 in Noah Cutter. The latter looked very good against Francisco Ricchi and almost stopped him in a back and forth war in his last bout before getting caught as he slowed down just a bit in round 3. So I'm taking my chances on Cutter at big underdog odds.

I think that Elvin Brito is just a better bare knuckle fighter in this bout that his opponent Brad Kelly. Kelly's lone BKFC win was against a 46 year old man who has two KO losses in bare knuckle and who got his previous spots mostly because he is the father of another, younger BKFC fighter also on the card tonight. Brito went the distance with 155 pound champion Luis Palomino. So I'm making a smallish bet on him as a fairly big -280 favorite. I wouldn't go big at those odds though.

I'm taking Zion Tomlison, Sr., a young fighter who is a slight underdog at+100. He has one KO win in BKFC vs his debuting opponent Tyler Hill who got himself knocked out in his last MMA bout by a 4-2 fighter from the regional scene. Gotta take the slight underdog at even money in this 175 pound bout.

I also made a smallish bet on Jason Fish at -200 against fellow heavyweight Adrian Miles. Fish is coming off a KO win on the Toe The Line series, BKFC's regional circuit. While Miles took one punch to the eye in his last BKFC bout and turned away immediately for a TKO loss.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Bare Knuckle FC 16 Risk $2,525.00

Leonard Garcia (+125) vs Joe Elmore $200.00 for $250.00

Reggie Barnett Jr. (-150) vs DeMarcus Corley $600.00 for $400.00
Reggie Barnett Jr. (-150) vs DeMarcus Corley $150.00 for $100.00
Reggie Barnett Jr. (-165) vs DeMarcus Corley $165.00 for $100.00

Bobo O'Bannon (+160) vs Arnold Adams $400.00 for $640.00

Scott O'Shaughnessy (-115) vs Melvin Guillard $230.00 for $200.00

Noah Cutter (+220) vs Kaleb Harris $100.00 for $220.00

Elvin Brito (-280) vs Brad Kelly $280.00 for $100.0

Jason Fish (-200) vs Adrian Miles $200.00 for $100.00

Zion Tomlinson, Sr. (+100) vs Tyler Hill $200.00 for $200.00

BT

I love Chop Chop too much so I took him GL tho I'm tailing on most of the other bets. Let's get it!

BT

Brito picking away well after rd 1. I wonder why some bareknuckle guys don't fight more classic like they did back in the late 19th century era, it's a very similar type of game, in some ways.

BT

Brito one of the more pretty styles of bk fighting from what I've seen. Good left, doesn't neglect the body, nice jab. Movement is solid body and head.