A THREAD FOR NEWS & NONSENSE...''It's a Beautiful Ting'' ....

punisherind

Foundation Member
Any highlights in the trip?
Nothing in particular, but overall having a great time. Spent a day in Warwick and saw a castle. Did a day of London sightseeing. Last couple days we've been doing family stuff (wife's family is from london). On Monday we're going to Paris for 3 days, looking forward to that. Then one last day in London before we fly back to US on Friday.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing in particular, but overall having a great time. Spent a day in Warwick and saw a castle. Did a day of London sightseeing. Last couple days we've been doing family stuff (wife's family is from london). On Monday we're going to Paris for 3 days, looking forward to that. Then one last day in London before we fly back to US on Friday.

I am interested on your experience in Paris.

From what I have read and watched it’s a “shithole” now.

Let me know if I have been hoodwinked!

Vaughany

only if you go to the banlieues. If stay in main tourist areas it still top 5 place in Europe along with London and Amsterdam, Barcelona, and Lyon IMO. Just have to be willing to put up with the tourists and cost.

Vaughany

oh cool, used to go Warwick Castle all time in my youth! Im from about 30 mins south of there, currently seeing a girl who lives in really nice town in Warwickshire called Leamington Spa, you may have gone by that! They used to do like live trebuchet and jousting re-enactments and stuff at castle(not sure if still do), one of the better castles to visit in England.

Vaughany

yeah im rarely in london these days, firstly cos most my mates have escaped back out to the countryside and secondly cos I fear getting stabbed

punisherind

Foundation Member
yeah im rarely in london these days, firstly cos most my mates have escaped back out to the countryside and secondly cos I fear getting stabbed
Lol. Tbh I prefer the countryside. Last time I visited we spent a day in Windsor and I enjoyed it more than the city. Probably why I moved out of nyc.

punisherind

Foundation Member

So I really enjoyed Paris. As with everything there was good and bad. For starters, I wouldn't recommend bringing kids until maybe late teens. It's an expensive city and young children won't appreciate it enough to justify the cost. Not to mention they will be constantly whining. Stayed near gard du Lyon which was a main hub and everything nearby at most 30 min away. Transit system is great, never had to wait more than 5 min for a train, usually less than 3 min. Strong smell of urine in the subways and alleys. Apparently it's legal to piss in the streets? Saw normal working blokes pissing on trees in broad daylight. Food was phenomenal although I didnt go for any weird shit like frog legs or escargot. History/arts were obviously amazing. Beautiful wominz. Unfortunately with the kids I wasnt able to experience the nightlife. Overall it was a great time but probably could done a few more days without the seeds!

Vaughany

So I really enjoyed Paris. As with everything there was good and bad. For starters, I wouldn't recommend bringing kids until maybe late teens. It's an expensive city and young children won't appreciate it enough to justify the cost. Not to mention they will be constantly whining. Stayed near gard du Lyon which was a main hub and everything nearby at most 30 min away. Transit system is great, never had to wait more than 5 min for a train, usually less than 3 min. Strong smell of urine in the subways and alleys. Apparently it's legal to piss in the streets? Saw normal working blokes pissing on trees in broad daylight. Food was phenomenal although I didnt go for any weird shit like frog legs or escargot. History/arts were obviously amazing. Beautiful wominz. Unfortunately with the kids I wasnt able to experience the nightlife. Overall it was a great time but probably could done a few more days without the seeds!
yes, only place fit for kids in Paris is Disney Land!
Ha yeah Paris and others countries like Germany are quite liberal about pissing! WHen I was in Frankfurt I went to see the soccer team play and every body just pisses on the concourse over the grassy hill. There are kids and police at bottom but nobody cares
Article about Paris problem...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...open-sidewalk-urinals/?utm_term=.e654a5de26ae