Marlon Vera -140

Over 2.5 -175
Under 2.5 +135

Yao Zhikui +135
Jenel Lausa -175

Over 2.5 -230
Under 2.5 +170

ezflyer

hitting akhmedov pretty hard at -120, he will win first two rounds handily imo, i know he gasses badly but i'll hedge live if i need

also like hooker -170, super impressed w/this guy. think he has edge virtually everywhere

ezflyer

smashing herrera +125

ezflyer

i have no idea who Lausa, pedro or Volkanovski are

ezflyer

i actually like O2.5 on ham-taylor -215 just fine, don't see a finish there but like 10-15 % of the time

ezflyer

maybe i overbet akhmedov opener, even tho -120 was excellent price.. hrmm. gonna buy a little back with noke +135, but i still do like omari here

ezflyer

huge movement all over the place, more than the average UFC. guess more people are ready for it at noon

ezflyer

Wow people smashing meunier, Walsh up to +135

OnTheO

I watched the one Pedro fight I could find, and he fought a pro debutante who he outsized quite significantly. Pedro is a samoan Aussie who is long and wants to grapple. He has decent head movement, wrestling entries and is busy in the clinch and on top. Rountree will obviously want to keep it outside and land bombs, but I trust Pedro's tank over Khalil's without even seeing Pedro going in to a second round. He looked calm and efficient while Rountree gets excited often and throws hard. So, with the limited info, it looks like a Rountree early KO or later round sub/decision by Pedro. I lean Rountree due to experience (13 total fights with ammy, tuf and pro) and because I trust Syndicate MMA to have a well rounded game plan and a ready fighter more than Pedro's camp, who I know 0 about.

ezflyer

anyone able to confirm anything for this card in regards to fight order, fight broadcasts, fight time?

from what i can tell, it will effectively be "normal" stuff for americans.. prime time on saturday night, fox sports1 + fight pass early prelims..

but i can't tell. and that would be what, early sunday in australia, right?

OnTheO

Volkanovski is a heavy-handed wrestle-brawler who likes top position and winging punches. He's stocky and outsized in every fight and he throws looping punches into wrestling entries. The few fights I watched were against guys who did not like the ground and he annihilated them all with GnP. Kasuya will likely be the more polished grappler, because he has decent transitions and sweeps, but Volk will likely be the stronger fighter with harder strikes. I see this as a Volk top control decision win, because with Kasuya's experience and toughness, I can't see him rolling over to GnP here, but I wouldn't rule out a Kasuya sub.

OnTheO

Lausa is a good MMA striker - he's 7-0 as a pro boxer and has decent kicks as well. In his last fight, he fought 25 minutes for a title and won a tough decision, but he looked very good even in the late rounds. He's got decent TDD, stand-ups and sub defense. Yao will want this fight on the ground. I'm not sure why Yao is in the UFC, but his only real win was against Daoyuan Wang, who looked like he was picked out of the crowd. He also "won" a split decision to Nolan Ticman in a fight that most thought he lost (http://mmadecisions.com/decision/6168/Yao-Zhikui-vs-Nolan-Ticman). I see this as a striking win for Lausa as he defends takedowns. He just needs patience, grasshopper.

ezflyer

Lausa is a good MMA striker - he's 7-0 as a pro boxer and has decent kicks as well. In his last fight, he fought 25 minutes for a title and won a tough decision, but he looked very good even in the late rounds. He's got decent TDD, stand-ups and sub defense. Yao will want this fight on the ground. I'm not sure why Yao is in the UFC, but his only real win was against Daoyuan Wang, who looked like he was picked out of the crowd. He also "won" a split decision to Nolan Ticman in a fight that most thought he lost (http://mmadecisions.com/decision/6168/Yao-Zhikui-vs-Nolan-Ticman). I see this as a striking win for Lausa as he defends takedowns. He just needs patience, grasshopper.

they think he's the asian john dodson.. looks just like him, but asian!

OnTheO

they think he's the asian john dodson.. looks just like him, but asian!

I feel like I should make a joke about all brown people looking the same. My wife is brown and she could be the long lost twin sister of either Dodson or Lausa!

OnTheO

anyone able to confirm anything for this card in regards to fight order, fight broadcasts, fight time?

from what i can tell, it will effectively be "normal" stuff for americans.. prime time on saturday night, fox sports1 + fight pass early prelims..

but i can't tell. and that would be what, early sunday in australia, right?

Looks like a normal start for the USA - 10pm EST for the main card, which is a 2pm Sunday local Melbourne time. So prelims at 8pm (12pm local). Not bad.

I have no idea on fight order - UFC.com still has every fight listed as "Main card"

OnTheO

Weigh-ins may be strange though. 7pm EST Friday for the ceremonial weigh-ins, so that's 11am local Saturday. Usually, the actual weigh-ins are at 12pm EST Friday, right? So is that 4am Saturday morning local time? Maybe the Australian athletic commission has something else in mind though.

ezflyer

wow, guangyou getting bet in the mid -100's?? people are way too loose, imo. especially w/the way shang tsung faded and gave up his back last fight..

value is all on vera +145 now, i'm hitting it.

wow @ matthews down to -230, i would've thought he'd be hovering in the -400's (and he very well may end up there)

i think holbrook is kinda the perfect fight for him to get his mojo back. an older/slower version of himself.. matthews -230 is legitimately safe to me.. i even thought it was fine at -280..

ezflyer