UFN 90 - RDA vs Alvarez

ezflyer

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-Fight-Night-90-Dos-Anjos-vs-Alvarez-50943

ezflyer

100 unitz on Big Cuntry Inside the Distance @ +105;

Hate betting on this fat chump but he usually starches dudes like Lewis.

Yea, I did some on his ml last night.. just 0.7u so far @ -140 but I agree

Mirinquads

Staff member
Steep, but I have a hard time seeing Eddie not get absolutely smashed here.

ezflyer

My question is: can he survive 5 rounds? Eddie is tough as fuck. And I think this is gonna be 80% grappling.

you think it will be 80% grappling? initiated by whom, eddie?

Napes21

Does anyone else still find it hard to believe rda is champ? He is one of those dudes I don't think I will ever get behind and will perpetually lose money betting against. Hard for me to shake tibau and guida from memory. And now usada in full effect.

ezflyer

Hrmm unsure if I agree hehe .. I think could be a lot more standup than that

ezflyer

Eddie won't want to stand. I expect a similar approach than he used against Pettis. Dos Anjos should be able to out grapple him. This my 80% reasoning.

yea that's why i asked if you thought eddie would initiate the wrestling exchanges more, i think he will

i think he'll gas out insodoing, honestly.. i know he's gone 5 multiple times, i know he's been fresh at the end of 5 in some of them.. but not so much wrestling involved in the longer ones, i.e. chandler 2nd fight.. eddie looks thicker than he used to and looks pretty winded at the end of these 3 rounders with pettis, gil, cowboy

alvarez is my single biggest moneymaker over the past couple years. ALWAYS a dog, prefight & live, and he's come thru (or at least made it close enough that he got the nod) -- but man, this is a tough matchup.

PSUMike

Eddie's smoking gun is his power vs. RDA's chin which is good but not god-tier. That's pretty much his best hope to pull it off. I do think it will go deep due to how tough Eddie is and how his grappling has improved over the last few years. RDA is more position than submission anyway. Leg kicks will be key for RDA to slow Eddie down.

TheCalculator

Eddie's smoking gun is his power vs. RDA's chin which is good but not god-tier. That's pretty much his best hope to pull it off. I do think it will go deep due to how tough Eddie is and how his grappling has improved over the last few years. RDA is more position than submission anyway. Leg kicks will be key for RDA to slow Eddie down.

I think Eddie is just gonna keep pressing RDA on the cage as much as possible. He's gonna get smoked on the outside and he knows it.

PSUMike

I think Eddie is just gonna keep pressing RDA on the cage as much as possible. He's gonna get smoked on the outside and he knows it.

Don't disagree. I think Eddie will try to keep it at boxing or clinch range and out of kick range. It's either all in or all out for him. There can't be any in between.

TheCalculator

One thing to consider about the Dos Anjos fight is his injury.

More specifically he's only started training full tilt very recently.

mmaed

Don't disagree. I think Eddie will try to keep it at boxing or clinch range and out of kick range. It's either all in or all out for him. There can't be any in between.
It's going to be tough to keep the fight in that range. RDA is a better striker and he times his takedowns well. I see Eddie getting taken down a lot of he rushes forward. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

ezflyer

I like Muhammad +135. I think he can hang on the feet and might get tds to steal rounds.