ufc on fox 15

ezflyer

I'm high on Sterling but that line is out of whack. I think people still have the visions of Cruz steamrolling Miz in their minds.

same

ezflyer

The O2.5 in the Herrig/PVZ fight opened at -270 and is all the way down to -170. I think its decent parlay material at that price.

on board, who the F has been hammering the under to knock it this low!?

ezflyer

Felice quits man. You give me the u2.5 @ +230 and I'd probably throw some money at it.
i agree that's an issue w/her, but pvz finishing an inexperienced hawaiian chick doesn't really sway me enough.. i like -170 just fine. i think this is 66+% decision at least. and this is o2.5, not even decision.

also, herrig never finished professionally. all 5 losses decision. i know she quit on tuf, tho

oh and sidenote: the curran tko was O2.5, too

playing this -170 straight. think it goes back over -200 soon.

marzwoody

Mizugaki is asian. you always fade asians in ufc

Jim Miller beats Dariush pretty easily.

Cummins beats OSP

Machida is a god and will wreck Rockhold

ezflyer

Cummins beats OSP

All serious?

Napes21

Without Swansons grappling coming into play, who do you think the better striker is? Ill have to side with Holloway, by a small amount. Cub's wildcard is his athleticism. He can cover distance with his strikes really quickly. That could come in handy against Holloways length.

Think they are close on the feet and Cub actually has the reach advantage here (not significant though). Max pushes a much higher pace but Cub hits harder. Will be interesting to see how Cub rebounds after the mauling by Edgar. Kinda feel like that beatdown was one of those soul-crushing type performances that could start a slide in someone's career.

ezflyer

Cummins beats OSP

you really think miller wins easily? how do you see that happening?

same question re: machida wrecking rockhold.. how do you see these fights going down

marzwoody

you really think miller wins easily? how do you see that happening?

same question re: machida wrecking rockhold.. how do you see these fights going down

Miller is elite. and has fought some of the best. a memory that sticks in mind is the Henderson fight. he was losing of course but still trying to his best to win. guy has so much heart.

Dariush looks mediocre in every fight and then suddenly he gets the choke. and honestly he has fought cans. he won't submit Miller and i think Miller has the striking advantage and is more well rounded. not hard to see how this one goes. no clue why everyone is so big on Dariush.

Of course i could be wrong.

marzwoody

That kick against cb dolloway was super impressive. and he went 5 rounds with the champ and gave him a great fight. machida is godmode right now and in his prime.

If Weidman couden't finish Machida you think Rockhold will? i don't. so you think Rockhold wins a dec? i don't either.

Don't get me wrong it will be a tough fight.

ezflyer

That kick against cb dolloway was super impressive. and he went 5 rounds with the champ and gave him a great fight. machida is godmode right now and in his prime.

If Weidman couden't finish Machida you think Rockhold will? i don't. so you think Rockhold wins a dec? i don't either.

"machida will wreck him" =/= "it will be a tough fight"

heh.

i think decision is for sure the most likely outcome, but a finish isn't out of the question. rockhold has shown better subs than weidman, quite possibly. and he has a different style, in general.. way more kicks, not as good hands as weidman, etc

Napes21

I have no dog in this race at current lines but if there was a line for who will attempt more strikes I'd be all in on Rockhold and with the way judging goes...

ezflyer

Miller is elite. and has fought some of the best. a memory that sticks in mind is the Henderson fight. he was losing of course but still trying to his best to win. guy has so much heart.

Dariush looks mediocre in every fight and then suddenly he gets the choke. and honestly he has fought cans. he won't submit Miller and i think Miller has the striking advantage and is more well rounded. not hard to see how this one goes. no clue why everyone is so big on Dariush.

Of course i could be wrong.

he was sick in rd 3 in the bendo one, i agree. you gotta admit he has lost a step, though.

i agree that dariush starts slowly. and miller starts quickly.

marzwoody

I have no dog in this race at current lines but if there was a line for who will attempt more strikes I'd be all in on Rockhold and with the way judging goes...
Machida so hard to hit though... that in and out karate points style my favor him with the judges

Napes21

Machida so hard to hit though... that in and out karate points style my favor him with the judges

Try explaining that it matters whether you get hit or not to Jorge Masvidal.

On a non-sarcastic note can't remember where I heard this recently but someone mentioned in support of the theory that volume wins fights over quality (it was following the Raging Al debacle) that it is hard for the judges to actually see whether something lands or not so simply pressing the action and spamming attacks can be mistaken for actually scoring points.

Mirinquads

Staff member
^Yep. Have been cage side at one UFC, judges doesn't have monitors, and there was literally one of the cage pillars blocking the view of the action. Was quite baffled. I hear that in some places, they have installed little shitty monitors, but nothing you can rewind or anything like that.

lucky

they had small screens at the the fight i went to in vegas. not sure about other places. but viewing cage side is terrible. would hate to thnk judges arent watching video feed