UFC on ESPN 6 Reyes vs Weidman

OnTheO

Re: Winn vs Stewart
I'm convinced Winn didn't wrestle Spicely because he thought he could KO him. And who knows, maybe Winn gets submitted by black belts from time to time in the gym or they can make him work enough in transition that he gasses? I really doubt AKA puts him out there to brawl with Stewart. I just think he was making his debut against a good BJJ guy with below-average hands and wanted to make a splash on the scene. He nearly did KO Spicely a few times and every time, it probably gave him more confidence it was possible so he never really needed a plan B.

But just to be real transparent, I always find a way to justify a bet on the wrestler.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Winn vs Stewart
I'm convinced Winn didn't wrestle Spicely because he thought he could KO him. And who knows, maybe Winn gets submitted by black belts from time to time in the gym or they can make him work enough in transition that he gasses? I really doubt AKA puts him out there to brawl with Stewart. I just think he was making his debut against a good BJJ guy with below-average hands and wanted to make a splash on the scene. He nearly did KO Spicely a few times and every time, it probably gave him more confidence it was possible so he never really needed a plan B.

But just to be real transparent, I always find a way to justify a bet on the wrestler.

I rewatched Spicely vs Winn yesterday. Spicely found himself on the ground from a punch or slip in rd 1 and Winn waved him back to standing. You are right, He didnt want it on the ground.

At least until the 3rd round, when he tried a few half hearted take downs when he was rocked and was stuffed easily.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
I liked the days when people would miss then get an extra 1-2 hrs to try again. They were the best.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Im here. My body is ready. Lets do this. Lets hope Joe wins rd 1 and we get +160 or better on pearce. Thats my big live play im looking out for.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Not familar with brady, Wikicap suggests he doesnt slow down. So no live play here on court ;/
Perhaps a Brady rd 3 blind stab ?

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm i see Mcgee rd 2 and rd 3 have gotten action. Since when does court finish? He can grind out. But he has been so mechnical over the last couple of years.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Didnt take it, given the line movement on mcgee and the fact brady came in so light.

punisherind

Foundation Member
yea noticed that too. all the court itd props got hammered. didnt make sense to me either so i didnt take em.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
tried to hit the +400 on court for half a unit but it wasnt up long enough. probably a blessing.