UFN 85 - hunto vs mir

ezflyer

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-Fight-Night-85-Hunt-vs-Mir-47939

Last edited:

ezflyer

UFC Fight Night 85 - Heavyweight 5 rounds - Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Brisbane, Australia
Sat 3/19 1001 Frank Mir +160 o1½ +110
6:00PM 1002 Mark Hunt -185 u1½ -130
UFC Fight Night 85 - Welterweight 3 rounds - Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Brisbane, Australia
Sat 3/19 1101 Hector Lombard -135 o2½ -145
5:30PM 1102 Neil Magny +115 u2½ +125
UFC Fight Night 85 - Lightweight 3 rounds - Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Brisbane, Australia
Sat 3/19 1201 Jake Matthews +125 o2½ -150
11:30PM 1202 Johnny Case -165 u2½ +110
UFC Fight Night 85 - Middleweight 3 rounds - Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Brisbane, Australia
Sat 3/19 1301 Daniel Kelly +335 o1½ +110
11:00PM 1302 Antonio Carlos Junior -505 u1½ -150
Sat 3/19 1401 Steve Bosse +150 o1½ +125
10:30PM 1402 James Te Huna -190 u1½ -165
UFC Fight Night 85 - Strawweight 3 rounds - Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Brisbane, Australia
Sat 3/19 1501 Bec Rawlings -110 o2½ -230
10:00PM 1502 Seo Hee Ham -130 u2½ +170

definitely like hunt. (that one's been out a while)

kinda like ham. waiting.

maaaaybe te huna? bosse doesn't look like a serious mma fighter...

Mirinquads

Staff member
Not loving any openers, took JR/Kelly under and Matthews over.

ezflyer

wow shoeface u1.5 got hammered

Wilbo86

Yeah i know Silva is up there, but Kelly is the biggest fade in the sport, basically a walking corpse of a guy that could never fight that well to begin with...

Mirinquads

Staff member
Love betting Kelly. He's always undervalued against everyone. He obviously sucks but can still pull wins out of his ass against similar level of comp as a big dog. Difference here is Silva is always WAY over valued against even good fighters, because he absolutely murders bums, and looks like he's 19 years old. UFC really has lobbed us a softball bettingwise with the matchmaking on this guy

ezflyer

Love betting Kelly. He's always undervalued against everyone. He obviously sucks but can still pull wins out of his ass against similar level of comp as a big dog. Difference here is Silva is always WAY over valued against even good fighters, because he absolutely murders bums, and looks like he's 19 years old. UFC really has lobbed us a softball bettingwise with the matchmaking on this guy

same.

but he's fucked against shoeface, imo

ezflyer

i like magny, man. lombard prolly off of the juice. lombard often passive/tentative. magny was outwrestling and outgrappling gastelum early, i think he has made such strides there.

think they might be going in different directions. thanks a to a friend, i got lombard +130 opener on euro book, but i'm hitting magny now on 5d.

magny is 6-7 " taller, 10 years younger (lombard is 38)

lombard's had 6 fights in the ufc.. coming off of a roids suspension... and he's looked good exactly ONCE in the ufc. (...vs marquardt...)

magny's improved grappling, volume, aggression... i think he's clearly the side

Last edited:

Mirinquads

Staff member
Lombard recently posted a picture where he looked absolutely beastly. I can't find it now though, but he looked insane.

ezflyer

Lombard recently posted a picture where he looked absolutely beastly. I can't find it now though, but he looked insane.

yea but that's nothing new... (i get it, re: roids etc)

Mirinquads

Staff member
I most deffo need to see both fighters shape before I make a bet on either fight.

Mirinquads

Staff member
I'm seeing pretty decent value on Case... anything you're seeing in Matthews that I'm missing?

Bigger, younger more athletic man fighting in his home country as the underdog, i'd guess

ezflyer

Bigger, younger more athletic man fighting in his home country as the underdog, i'd guess

Matthews is thick, but case should be a few inches taller, no?

Mirinquads

Staff member
Matthews is thick, but case should be a few inches taller, no?

It differs widely on the sites, but you may be right. Matthews is going to be much broader and thicker judging from the pictures I have seen.

TheCalculator

I think Matthews has better skills also and has higher top end potential. I'm expecting (and betting on) constant evolution of his abilities from fight to fight for the next few years.

ezflyer

I think Matthews has better skills also and has higher top end potential. I'm expecting (and betting on) constant evolution of his abilities from fight to fight for the next few years.

what do you mean? he might have better grappling, but case should be the better striker

ezflyer

It differs widely on the sites, but you may be right. Matthews is going to be much broader and thicker judging from the pictures I have seen.

i'm pretty confident that case is like 3-4" taller

but matthews fuckin shredded, not a small 155 by ANY means

mmaed

Lombard looked good more than once. He handled Jake Shields very well. The fact that he out grappled him so easily makes me wonder. IIRC he was clinching him and dragging him to the ground. If he can close the distance effectively and consistently he should have much of a problem dragging Magny down given how tall and lanky he is.