UFC on ESPN 6 Reyes vs Weidman

Discussion in 'Gambling and Betting Forum' started by JimGunn, Oct 7, 2019.

1. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

2. punisherind

punisherind Moderator Foundation Member

Havent seen any discussion about the yair fight going from 5 rounds to 3 rounds.

Who do you think benefits more?

Im hoping books screw up on props and maybe copy the odds from the previous fight :D

3. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

4. mmaed

mmaed Member

Anyone like Weidman here? He seems super confident. I am not so sure why.

5. lucky

lucky Active Member

Too many shots to the head

6. bjpenn85

bjpenn85 Member

I think Vicks knock out loss last weekend just add to the already overwhelming evidence of this: If your chin is shot, it is shot.

There are some factors that may occlude the overall picture, some fighters have bad defence, som struggle with weightcut which probably interfere with some neurological deficit which occur with less hydration around the brain. I think if the nervous system shuts down, the patway gets sensitized, youre fucked.

Chris is fucked, but he may still put up a fight and even win rounds, so its a tricky fight, because we cant be 100% sure the KO will happen.

Vaughany likes this.
  7. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

I can see Weidman getting rocked in round 1, barely surviving and recovering enough between rounds to get a takedown or two and finally a submission in round 2 or 3, not unlike the Kelvin Gastelum fight. Only problem is that it's going to be a lot more difficult to survive that early storm at light heavyweight or get or keep takedowns since Reyes is so much bigger. Reyes might have worse takedown and submission defense than Gastelum though, not sure.

8. Mirinquads

Mirinquads Active Member Staff Member

Would imagine Yair

9. bjpenn85

bjpenn85 Member

I visited fightmetric yesterday, which have Reyes takedown defence at 85% and i thought to myself, people with that type of percentage have rarely let me down in the past. Then i paused for a second, but wait, he hasnt fought any wrestlers at all. Numbers may be infected by lies and deceit.

So i sit down and watch Reyes vs Oezdemir, and while he was never taken down with his back flat against the ground and was also able to wall walk, he was taken down repeatedly and by a better wrestler than fucking oezedemir this may pose some issues. Im defintely not on the Reyes wagon here. Especially also after the performance with Oezdemir in general. Fight was razor close, it shouldnt be if you come in as a favourite against Weidman.

10. bjpenn85

bjpenn85 Member

Absolutely Yair. Sucks, but im still on stephans.