UFC on ESPN 4 Dos Anjos vs Edwards

Discussion in 'Gambling and Betting Forum' started by JimGunn, Jun 25, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 07-21-19
  1. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

2. Will

Will Administrator Staff Member

Great card.

3. Will

Why is Juan Adams -110 ? He seems like the obvious play here.

Is the angle that hardy is improving every fight? Because he has shown very little in the UFC.

I need to watch tape, I will try to do that tonight but the Kraken at -110 seems too good too pass up.
    Bookies agree opening him at what was -155. Is this fish betting on Hardy early ? I have to think so.

Talk me out of the bet!

4. punisherind

punisherind Active Member Foundation Member

Hard for me to get a good feel for this fight. I think the logic for betting hardy is that he's an elite level athlete which can compensate for skill deficiencies (thinking back to herschel walker in strikeforce). Adams really needs to work the tds to have success here. I know he has wrestling credentials but i dont recall him ever using his grappling in a fight.

5. Will

I have watched the tape and Juan adams standup is shockingly bad. He is going to get hit by hardy and hit clean. The question is, can he take it. To date he has.
    If i knew Juan was coming into this fight as a grappler i would feel much more comfortable betting on him.

This fight is the definition of a gamble and should be a pass for any self respecting bettor. Luckily that is not me.

I have thrown a unit on Juan @ -110 but this fight is a coin flip. Juan live would be the wiser bet.

punisherind likes this.
  6. Will

Fwiw - Juan did bumrush / trip de la Rocha to the mat and was heavy on top when he got it there and he did spend alot of time in the clinch Bhullar. Although Bhullar was the one to initiate the grappling.

punisherind likes this.
  7. Will

Greg talking about a life in boxing and wants Dana to allow him to box. He should be concentrating on his ground game.

8. Will

9. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

UFC on ESPN 4 Official Weigh-ins started about an hour ago:

10. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

UFC on ESPN 4 Face-Offs (no ceremonial today):

11. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Maia forfeits 30% of her purse to Modafferi.

12. Will

I don’t know if it was the angle, but watching the face offs on my phone, they all looked fat.

13. Will