UFC 232 Jones vs Gustafsson II

Discussion in 'Gambling and Betting Forum' started by JimGunn, Dec 10, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 12-29-18
  1. Will

Will Administrator Staff Member

upload_2018-12-21_17-42-39.png

2. Will

Different angles but that aside, weigh ins are going to be very telling.

3. TheCalculator

TheCalculator Active Member

Looks leaner than ever.

4. Will

Im going to lose money on BJ again arent i ;/

5. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Didn't learn your lesson last time(s), eh? I paid a lot of juice on Hall so I certainly hope so, no offense!

6. Will

Thinking prebet BJ live Ryan. Or No prebet BJ, just live Ryan.
    If im smart, the latter.

7. marzwoody

marzwoody Active Member

Ryan Hall is gonna fuck BJ penn up like he did that drunk guy at the restaurant.

8. Will

upload_2018-12-23_17-11-2.png

one day ago.

Another difficult angle as he has his arms up.

9. TheCalculator

Definitely looks smaller. Less water retention than before (you hold a lot more water on roids)

10. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

11. omalley21

omalley21 Member

Jones is a piece of shit.

12. Will

Call me a barbarian but ever since they killed off Wandy / Sonnen in the UFC ive never been a fan of strict drug testing.
    Too many great fights fall out.

Well dont take illegal drugs?

I guess so??? but there is a reason no other sports have such strict drug testing all year round.

I get "banged up" just exercising as a hobby. I cant imagine competing with world class athletes in combat every week.
    Let them have a little something something to get over their injuries, bumps and bruises (imho).

Hell BJ Penn got suspended for 6 months due to an out of competition IV. The UFC have let it all go too far. If this is UFC pushing back the states will quickly get the picture when they start losing revenue. I believe USADA contract is up in the next year or so as well. I assume they will dial back on that as well.

marzwoody likes this.
  13. TheCalculator

I agree. The whole “fairness” argument is stupid. Why? Because genetics is the ultimate unfair advantage. So unless you had clones fighting each other it’s a ridiculous position.

14. Vaughany

Vaughany Active Member

Think the powers are be are realising this. Schaub mentioned that they are going to change things/relax things in 2019

15. Vaughany

Vaughany Active Member

16. omalley21

omalley21 Member

If they actually took points for eye pokes I would bet Gus. But Gustaffson's best weapon, his boxing, is completely neutralized by the eye pokes. Every time he gets in punching range, he get's poked. Plus his best punch is an uppercut which isn't nearly as effective against tall opponents. Not to mention, Jones is the undefeated ppv star and will get anything close from the judges. So Gus's only path to victory is by decision but even there he won't get a fair shake.

17. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Gus clearly outstruck Jones in round 1 in their first fight, and in my opinion in round 2 as well, even though only one judge of three gave him the second round. Jones' eye was bleeding from the blows he received via Gus's boxing. Jones finished the fight strong winning round four and round five clearly. I just re-watched it on FS1 a couple days ago and I don't remember a eye poke interruption. I think this could be a very interesting and dangerous fight for Jones if Gus comes in healthy and motivated.

18. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Alexander Gustafsson +5½ points +125 and added more at +105. Gus covered that spread in both title shots against Jones the first time and even against DC, where he lost a split decision.

19. Will

I should of hit that harder and possibly live hedge. ;/

20. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Jones by split/majority decision +1250, Gustafsson by split/majority decision +808. Should be the other way around with Jones as a significant favorite, but I like some on both.