TUF 28 Finale RDA vs Usman

Discussion in 'Gambling and Betting Forum' started by JimGunn, Nov 26, 2018.

1. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

2. Mirinquads

Mirinquads Active Member Staff Member

Anyone know anything about the TUF guys?

Glenn should win here

3. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

I took notes on the episodes in the TUF 28: Heavy Hitters thread. Heavy handed American wrestler Justin Frazier will be facing Spanish wrestler Juan Espino in the men's heavyweight final while well rounded Pannie Kianzad will face the winner of Leah Letson vs Macy Chiasson in the women's featherweight final on Friday. Prices will dictate plays here. Pannie will likely be moderately favored over either opponent she faces while I think the men's line spread will be close.

4. TheCalculator

TheCalculator Active Member

The Usman Dos Anjos line is off IMO.

Will likes this.
  5. omalley21

omalley21 Member

How does RDA win? Small tuf finale cage helps Usman.

6. TheCalculator

TheCalculator Active Member

I think it’s gonna be a 5 round war. Don’t think Usman is gonna overwhelm him like Colby did. Usman doesn’t have Colby’s pace.

Will likes this.
  7. omalley21

omalley21 Member

I think Usman gets takedowns at will. And the threat of the takedown will allow him to win the striking. Just don't see RDA winning 3 rounds or finishing.

8. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

RDA did well enough to win round 4 if I recall, and one other maybe but Colby's smothering pressure was overwhelming. I don't think Usman has quite that level of aggressiveness with his grappling. Colby only got one 49-46 and two 48-47s despite how dominant Colby seemed, so if RDA does just a little bit better against Usman it could be close or the other way.

9. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Can't resist 2u on RDA +252 at bookmaker.

TheCalculator likes this.
  10. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

I have to bet the TUF fights so I can distinguish myself from the non-TUF watching casuals. Justin Frazier is dangerous on the feet and a very tough matchup for those he can outwrestle. So not exactly an easy opponent, but with Juan Espino's size, wrestling advantage and improving striking, plus training at ATT now, I think he's a good bet as a small favorite in the heavyweight final. Espino -130 to win $200.

11. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

12. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

TUF 28 Finale Ceremonial Weigh-in:

13. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Unders I really like for this card:

Means/Rainey Under 2½ +145
    Letson/Stoliarenko Under 2½ +130
    Roberts/Horcher Under 2½ +100 (big value)
    Stewart/Shahbazyan Under 1½ +100 (big value)

omalley21 likes this.
  14. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

For the four TUF fights I like:

Juan Espino at -130 via size and superior wrestling. Frazier won't be able to outwrestle him as he did many of his other opponents and even though the American has powerful hands, Espino has a lot more experience against better opponents and some decent power in his punches himself. I believe Espino wins the season for male heavyweights.

Pannie Kianzad at -130. She's far more experienced than Macy Chiasson, and more well rounded despite being smaller than true featherweight Chiasson. Should be able handle Macy on the ground too. They are also friendly for what that is worth so I expect this to go the distance with Pannie winning the season for female featherweights, despite being a natural bantamweight herself.

Maurice Greene at -160. Cuban wrestler Michel Batista looked really fat at the weigh-in, terrible shape compared to his TUF run. Looked abysmal doing nothing and getting stopped in the semi-finals despite looking good in the quarter-finals. Much bigger striker Maurice should KO him early despite Batista's wrestling advantage and the small cage.

Leah Letson at -193. She's much more well rounded and a finisher. Julia Stoliarenko panics and goes for submissions against lesser grapplers if she is not in control. I expect Leah to get a TKO stoppage after Julia fails to submit her or a wide decision victory.

omalley21 likes this.
  15. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Greene/Batista Under 1½ -110, big value imho.

omalley21 likes this.
  16. Will

Will Administrator Staff Member Oddsb CC Champ

Ergh... Im always on the wrong side of Benavidiz ;/

17. Will

Going to be one of those nights. ;/

18. Will

Chasing, Put a bit more on Ji.

19. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member