Touts

BoxScout

I was kind of thinking a discussion might be in order anyway, because people are posting Vegas Dave's horseshit for some reason. But Deadspin has a thing on RJ Bell up. It's mostly stuff you could have found by googling for an hour, but for whatever reason, it's caught on.

Be interested to see if Colin and Sephen A. and other scumbag journalists and pundits continue to use him.

I actually find RJ to be kind of entertaining, as with some other touts. But obviously that doesn't offset the con artist thing enough to justify putting him on legitimate outlets.

"Oh, and let’s not forget the fees to actually buy Pregame touts’ losing picks: Given normal per-pick prices—a “three-star play” for $15, one- or two-star plays for $10—then the fees over this period would total an additional million-plus dollars. If you had bought and played all of Pregame’s picks since 2011, you’d be down $1,359,432."

http://deadspin.com/how-america-s-favorite-sports-betting-expert-turned-a-s-1782438574

Perra

Why do I all of a sudden start thinking about Luca Fury?

In just about every sport, college or pro, Pregame’s picks are losing money. The data covers 49 touts who sold their plays during this period (not including those whose existences have been completely expunged from the archives, like David Glisan, Mike Hook, and Stan Sharp), and of those 49, only 11 of them showed a profit. Of those gains, most were marginal and would be wiped out by standard fees. If Pregame’s experts followed their own betting advice, as Bell claims they do, most would be penniless.