Nunya's Only Talking About Lifting Thread (even dumbasses can join)

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
I'm going to use this post to track my weight and progress down to my goal over the next few weeks/months/however long it takes me to get to a respectable weight. I'll be editing it regularly so feel free to ignore.

Start date: 5/26/15
Height - 6'1"
Weight - 253.8
BF - 22.3%

5/27 - 252.8

If you're going to be dropping fat anyway, I recommend you check out healthywage.com You make a bet with them about how much weight you'll lose. You don't get much of a return as a male, like -800 IIRC, but gives you some motivation to not lose your original money.

They DO pay as well. My wife did it a year ago and got paid about 3 weeks after her time was up. Women get paid a lot more than men though. She got even money, IIRC.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Fuck you, buddy. Just couldn't let me have the OddsB OHP record could you? :)

Will have to get back to 75 kg for reps before you get ahead of your self, Nunz. ;)

Can't lift that dedicated doing boxing though.. Have to keep the weight down. Can only lift like 1-2 times a week, sadly.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Any of you do cardio / any other sports? Or are you all fuck that, let's get swole?

Mirinquads

Staff member
Nop, did it with a wrecked shoulder and two knees in sore need of orthopedic surgery though - But let's not make it a pissing contest of who has it worse, and be happy that were bosses that do the damned thing anyway. - Already told you my hats are off to you, as most people would just lay down and pity themselves instead of doing what you're doing.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Sorry nunz, i hope these muscle comics can cheer you up

Obv no homo on the last one. (Although mirrors how I prepare before i hit the gym.)

Last edited:

PSUMike

So I guess you can't edit posts after a certain timeframe...that blows.

Height - 6'1"
Weight - 253.8
BF - 22.3%

5/27 - 252.8
5/28 - 252.0

PSUMike

Height - 6'1"
Weight - 253.8
BF - 22.3%

5/27 - 252.8
5/28 - 252.0
5/29 - 252.3

I had some beer last night...

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
Hit 3 full hang chinups last night for the first time. Can manage 8 pullups.

What are your ratios, guys?

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
the quantitative relation between two amounts showing the number of times one value contains or is contained within the other.

My ratio of chinups to pullups is 3:8

PSUMike

I know what ratio means smartass. Just didn't click what you were referring to. At my size, I don't bother with them. A 2-3 rep set doesn't seem very productive...

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
Most powerlifters I know train their worksets exclusively at 2-3 reps. I train my deadlifts at those numbers usually.

I love doing chins personally. I remember in high school they had a chinup test in gym and I couldn't do one. So, when I worked up to hitting my first one a year ago I was pretty proud.